at&t HTC One M8 Warranty Exchange Question

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Use at&t or HTC for a warranty issue. The vibrate motor is going out in my phone and was wondering if I should start with HTC or at&t. I know at&t will send another phone vs HTC which will probably ask that I send it in for repair. What do you think?

aarsyl

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I think that you should start with AT&T. Will you have to pay for the replacement phone from AT&T?

If you have to pay for it, then get a backup phone, and contact HTC. They will probably fix that for free.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
HTC has 3 plans

$29.95 and they will send you another phone, then you have to send yours in
$19.95 and you send them your phone and once they get it, they will send you a replacement
$00.00 and you send them your phone and once it's repaired they will send it back.

I just had mine repaired, but be forewarned, either of these 3 choices means you will loose all info on the phone. And if you had it rooted, it will return unrooted. I had S-Off, but it returned with no root and s-on. Bummer is firewater won't s-off the phone now. :(

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I had no idea HTC would do that. The replacement device HTC sends new or a reconditioned one? at&t will not guarantee that device they send is new.

Posted via Android Central App

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't think anyone will send a new one unless they don't have refirb in stock. But I am cheap, so I choose the last one, that and I have a spare phone to use. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma