Unlocking VERIZON HTC ONE M8 Bootloader

Layla Bouzoubaa

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
I recently purchased a wonderful HTC ONE M8. I love this phone however, it is from Verizon. At the moment, I am having difficulty unlocking the bootloader due to an error I get from HTCDev:

"We're sorry, but it appears your attempt to unlock the bootloader on this device has failed. This could be caused by several factors including simple errors in the entry of the unlock token, problems with your device, or a lack of manufacturer support for the unlocking process. Please see the specific error code listed below, and try again if necessary.

Error Code: 160.
Error Reason: MID Not Allowed."

My original intent was to remove all the bloatware and restrictions put on by Verizon by installing the Android Revolution ROM, but in order to do that I must first unlock and root my phone. After several hours getting the whole process ready, from downloading adb bundle, creating the HTCdev account, backing up, and downloading the ROM (sorry, I'm kind of new to this whole thing), I get that error message from HTC when I tried to get the unlock code.

After reading several forums, it seems that people are saying the Verizon has banned HTC from unlocking their phones. I was wondering if there was anyway to get around this? I'd really like to get this Verizon crap off my phone. If not, does anyone know of any other methods to achieve this?
Running kitkat version 4.4.2

Thanks so much in advanced!!
LB

j_awn

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I just followed the Firewater instructions on their site here when I did it. Below's a video that I somewhat skimmed through to see what to expect of it all.

Follow the instructions for the Weaksauce method after reading through and going through everything in the prerequisites. Make sure that HTC Sync is removed like it says in the prerequisites on the Firewater page or it won't work. I've had no experience on Android before, so it's all new to me, but the instructions are pretty easy to follow, just that getting adb took a bit of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV-kPOYKudc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance