Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why do some sync options re-enable them selves after you have unchecked them?

Why is it that when i uncheck certain things like Google Photos Auto Back up, Google Plus, Google Photos they randomly get re-enabled?

I DO NOT WANT to use Google Photos Auto Back up, or on a couple of my email addresses Google Plus, OR Google Photos yet from time to time they seem to automatically enable them selves.
    My guess is this happens after app updates but if i have disabled syncing in the first place for these apps why do they keep re-enabling them selves? I do not like it.

For those of you who have disabled syncing of a particular app can you check yours and see if they have been re-enabled? Im curious to see if its my device or a wide spread issue.
    HTC One M8 T-Mobile fully stock. Non rooted.

Google Photos Auto Back up and Google Photos have done this many times in the past few months.
    Google Plus only recently.

Default Re: Why do some sync options re-enable them selves after you have unchecked them?

Sorry for the basic question, but you've turned off Auto Backup in the Photos app itself, right? That is, open Photos, tap Menu>Settings>Auto Backup, then turn the switch off. Just wanted to make sure you weren't only using the Settings>Accounts-Google​ menu.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Default Re: Why do some sync options re-enable them selves after you have unchecked them?

It's happened to me too, very annoying.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I can confirm that photos auto backup is off and has been off via the app its self.

Posted via Android Central App

Does it seem to coincide with updates to the Google+ app? Since the Photos app is part of Google+, this might make sense. The next time Google+ updates, go right to the auto backup settings and see if they have reverted. If so, send feedback to Google about this from within the Google+ or Photos app.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Im leaning towards updates as well. The problem is i need to check sync options more often, especially after google app updates.

At least one other person has confirmed its happening to them.