Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sound settings/adjusting bass, treble, etc

There may be something already on here about this, but I don't see it when I scrolled down and skimmed.

First, HOLY FREAKING MOLY! I used my headphones for the first time today. I got tears in my eyes from the absolutely awesome sound. Here is my question though- I download through several apps, and play music in several apps. Is there a way to adjust the sound, such as bass, treble, similar to the Samsung phones, which give you endless possibilities to tweek the sound to your exact preference? Example, I download from one mp3 app, have my own music library, use Google Music, and Beats app. So, if I didn't like the quality on one, could I adjust the settings? Thanks!

And PS- playing my music from my SD card through the stock music player is AH-MAZZZINGGGG!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Sound settings/adjusting bass, treble, etc

There's no built in setting, other than to disable Boom Sound when listening via headphones/aux. Which, in my opinion, makes the sound worse anyway. The bass is ok, but the upper end is so jacked that any "s" sounds are ear piercingly harsh. You'll have to use a 3rd party EQ to adjust the sound beyond what Boom Sound does.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

Another possibility is to use a 3rd party music player that has equalizer settings. My favorite is PowerAmp, which is totally awesome. I don't download music to my phone anymore (use Google Play Music), but if I did, I'd still be using PowerAmp. It was always one of the first apps I'd download on a new phone.
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am stoked with BoomSound. It is goooooddddd with these ear buds. I was just wondering how to adjust when not using the ear buds. Ha, these headphones sound so good, I may just have to slip my M8 in my back pocket and always use the buds!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Hatcher View Post
    Is there a way to adjust the sound, such as bass, treble, similar to the Samsung phones, which give you endless possibilities to tweek the sound to your exact preference? Example, I download from one mp3 app, have my own music library, use Google Music, and Beats app. So, if I didn't like the quality on one, could I adjust the settings? Thanks!

And PS- playing my music from my SD card through the stock music player is AH-MAZZZINGGGG!

In addition to the apps mentioned by others another option (something your less likely to do, but still an option) is to Root your phone. There are a couple ROMs/mods out there people did to put the Harmon Kardon features on non-sprint phones, so that may be worth experimenting with as well. Most the people on the forum who have wrote about both prefer the Harmon Kardon sound effects over the Boom Sound effects.

I love Viper4Android but it can only be used on a rooted phone, not ready to do that yet I want to see how this phone handles stock.
    HTC One (M8) Stock For Now.
    David
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    In addition to the apps mentioned by others another option (something your less likely to do, but still an option) is to Root your phone. There are a couple ROMs/mods out there people did to put the Harmon Kardon features on non-sprint phones, so that may be worth experimenting with as well. Most the people on the forum who have wrote about both prefer the Harmon Kardon sound effects over the Boom Sound effects.
    Doesn't Sprint offer a special M8 with Harmon on it?

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhilker View Post
    Another possibility is to use a 3rd party music player that has equalizer settings. My favorite is PowerAmp, which is totally awesome. I don't download music to my phone anymore (use Google Play Music), but if I did, I'd still be using PowerAmp. It was always one of the first apps I'd download on a new phone.
    Here's an updated review of PowerAmp...

http://www.androidcentral.com/powera...id-2014-review
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100