Texting and photo problems

mnikolai1

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
A bit of background in case it is relevant...I am back on the android train following a stint with an iPhone. I have also switched providers from AT&T to Verizon. The texting feature on the HTC One m8 is much different than the iPhone. This may be an easy to answer question, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

I've only had my new HTC phone for about two weeks. Yesterday I noticed that photos in a text message my brother sent me we no longer shown in the conversation. Similarly, photos I sent to him in this conversation are gone as well. In the space where the photos should be is a box with a gray mountain and a red sun. Can anyone tell me what happened to the photos? Does this phone or Verizon automatically remove them from the messaging app after a set number of days? Is there a way to find them, or is it just necessary to save any texted photos that I may want to revisit?

Thanks!

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
A bit of background in case it is relevant...I am back on the android train following a stint with an iPhone. I have also switched providers from AT&T to Verizon. The texting feature on the HTC One m8 is much different than the iPhone. This may be an easy to answer question, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

I've only had my new HTC phone for about two weeks. Yesterday I noticed that photos in a text message my brother sent me we no longer shown in the conversation. Similarly, photos I sent to him in this conversation are gone as well. In the space where the photos should be is a box with a gray mountain and a red sun. Can anyone tell me what happened to the photos? Does this phone or Verizon automatically remove them from the messaging app after a set number of days? Is there a way to find them, or is it just necessary to save any texted photos that I may want to revisit?

Thanks!

I use Verizon and I have not had an issue with older photos disappearing. I use Google Hangouts as my default texting app. I do not recall having this problem with the stock Messages app or Hangouts. Are you using that Verizon messaging app that is basically bloatware loaded onto your phone?

Posted via Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, sounds more like the Verizon messaging app than the stock messaging app. Could you clarify?

Sent from my HTC One M8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci