- 21 Posts
Encrypting the HTC One M8
Just a quick question. If I encrypt my HTC One M8, will I still be able to receive software updates when available and update to the latest version of a Android without having to factory reset the phone to decrypt it? Also, what are your views on encrypting an Android device for an average person that doesn't work in any type of business? I'm only thinking of encryption because I don't want anyone looking at my contacts or text messages if the phone was ever stolen. Thanks!
- 07-29-2014, 09:58 AM #2
- 07-29-2014, 02:42 PM #3
- 07-29-2014, 07:32 PM #4
Re: Encrypting the HTC One M8
No... You do not have to decrypt to get software updates.
The only "visible" affect is that if you encrypt the contents of the sd card, you won't be able to read it from another device or a pc directly.
Personally, I don't encrypt my phone, though I do have it set to auto wipe with failed logins, and I also use third party products in case it gets stolen.
Btw, do NOT factory reset without decrypting first or you will lose your data forever.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-30-2014, 05:21 AM
- By Lulabelle82 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 6Last Post: 07-30-2014, 04:42 AM
- By sjane23 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-29-2014, 12:14 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-29-2014, 08:51 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-29-2014, 08:25 AM