Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default M8 duplicate texts received

I have a Verizon m8, using Verizon messages as the texting app. As the title suggests, I have been receiving duplicate texts. To be more in depth, when I receive a text from someone, a minute or so later I receive another exact copy. Anyone know what's up?

Default Re: M8 duplicate texts received

I'm on Sprint, using the default messaging app. I also get duplicate texts, usually only from the same person but not always. I also use MightyText and maybe that has something to do with it. It's not a huge biggie for me, though.

It's usually a network thing rather than an app thing, but a good test would be to switch to stock, or some other messaging app, and see whether it continues.

Sent from my HTC One M8
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    It's usually a network thing rather than an app thing, but a good test would be to switch to stock, or some other messaging app, and see whether it continues.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    I would find it weird to be a network problem since it only started when I got the m8 about a month ago. Also it started appearing today as though I've been sending double messages, although none of the recipients have said anything

Well, phones can play a part, seemingly especially on CDMA carriers like Verizon and Sprint since all the authentication stuff isn't done exclusively by a SIM. Have you tried switching temporarily to stock messaging?

Sent from my HTC One M8
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have not tried switching as I really enjoy the features of Verizon messaging. Maybe I should though

It is usually a network thing....
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    ROM

I have the same problem, I'm on T-Mobile using the stock app, but I noticed it's only when WiFi is on. Once I turn it off, everything is OK.

Posted via the Android Central App