So I've had my HTC One m8 for about 4 months now. I take extreme care of my phone and it's been an a OtterBox Defender Series since day one. Well today I noticed on the bottom right hand side of my screen there is a white dot. This only shows up when the screen is white. Here's a picture of the screen. Has anyone seen this before or can explain to me what really is? And should I get a warranty replacement phone through HTC? The picture does not show it clearly but let me tell you, it's very annoying.
Posted via Android Central App
- 07-30-2014, 10:42 PM #2
- 3,781 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Don't know how to explain: White Dot?
Is that white dot more like a bright, "hot spot" as if the backlight is stronger there, and not as if the pixels are actually displaying the wrong colors? If so, I can't really help you other than to say it's likely permanent and to try getting it warrantied. I had a similar spot on my last phone. It showed up around the time my battery went bad and swelled. I suspect that swelling pushed on the LCD from the back to somehow damage it. My spot was right in the center of the screen, but the phone was already out of warranty and I never bothered to look into it for sure.
- By Sonofaperson in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 10Last Post: 08-15-2014, 06:57 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2014, 09:56 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2014, 09:42 PM
- By Wolfy Snackrib in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 07-30-2014, 09:32 PM
- By UJ95x in forum Ambassador Guides, Tips & How-To'sReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2014, 08:12 PM