Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backed up from old M8 - Contact/SMS/Hangouts issue

so HTC sent me another m8 after my last had the volume rocker pop out. I know, right?

I backed up my first phone and then restored the new phone from that backup minutes later. Everything appears exactly as how i had it on the old m8, except my contacts and hangouts are doing this weird thing.

1. my google contacts are loading 141 people into my phone book. My google contacts in gmail, however, have only 85 people allotted for my phonebook in "my contacts" and my old device only displayed those 85.

2. Hangouts lists both the SMS and Hangouts convos separately, so that one contact (bob) is listed in a convo as both bob and bob with an "sms" icon in white over the bottom right of his profile picture. How do i merge these?

Why isn't phonebook syncing properly from google contacts as the old phone did and how to i merge those SMS/Hangout conversations into single conversations?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Backed up from old M8 - Contact/SMS/Hangouts issue

NEVERMIND.

I needed to update hangouts. Strange that it re-loaded everything perfectly except hangouts.