New M8, still have "virus/malware" issues.
So I come from the Note 3 and I love this new M8. Only problem I seem to have is on the web browser some times I'm reading an article and it trys to redirect me to the play store or a pop up appears saying I have a virus. It also happen s on my IGN app. I have gone through all my apps and can't figure out what gives.
- 07-31-2014, 12:33 PM #2
- 07-31-2014, 12:55 PM #4
- 1,316 Posts
Re: New M8, still have "virus/malware" issues.
The popups are just advertising. It's as if you passed a billboard on the highway that says you have a virus. It means nothing, unless you've specifically scanned your phone and that app gives you a virus alert. I see it all over, where some ad is made to look like an app or system alert telling you something is wrong and to click the button to fix it. It's deceptive marketing, to say the least.
My favorite was day one using my M8, not even fully setup nor all my apps installed, but I got an ad saying my phone was running slow. HA!
- 07-31-2014, 05:03 PM #5
- 196 Posts
Re: New M8, still have "virus/malware" issues.Android systems: HTC One M8 phone & Archos 80 Titanium Internet Tablet
- 07-31-2014, 06:04 PM #6
- By Liam in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-04-2014, 04:39 AM
- By Ebin Antoo in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2014, 11:29 PM
- By Alissa Eberle in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2014, 10:05 AM
- By Fadi Ehab in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-31-2014, 09:59 AM
- By andyw80684 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 9Last Post: 07-31-2014, 09:19 AM