Possible to disable slideshow?

Annieonline

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I have been very happy with my HTC One....until my photo gallery turned into an obnoxious, rolling sea of photos that I can't even focus on. I have been looking all over for a way to disable these nasty slide shows, but have not yet been able to find a solution. I can't believe that I'm the only one who finds this extremely frustrating......and I'm really hoping that the designer was not so stupid that this would be forced on consumers without a way to TURN IT OFF!!! If anyone has found a way to disable this, I would be ever so grateful to hear the solution?

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Me too, my wife really hates this and I have not been able to find an answer either. Any help appreciated.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the "highlight reel" at the top of each album that has the slideshow with effects? If so,I haven't found a way to delete it either. That's the only slideshow I could find too. If that's not what you're talking about, I'm not sure what it could be.

lyriciss

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how to turn it off either, but ever since I've muted it, I haven't minded it too much.
I forget that it's even there.

weirdherald

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
While I haven't found a way to turn that off in Galley, I've started using the "Photos" app instead. I agree, the Gallery app is annoying, so I no longer use it.

Work-Around

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Go to camera.
You see last picture taken.
Tap on it.
Picture is displayed.
You can flip through pictures here.
Or, you tap on , < To see group pictures, and select one.

Work-Around

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
You select Camera.
See last picture in corrner.
Tap on it.
You can scroll through ALL picture here.
Scroll through some 5-8 pictures.
Or tap on picture to SEE a " < Camera shots" arrow.
Dub-Tap on arrow.
It might show Group pictures or start slide show. Start again.
Then, select a group and a picture. Scroll through pictures.
Doesn't always work.
Ok.

Change

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This is the most frustrating update HTC has released in 5 years, imo. There's no way to disable it, and it's likely causing seizures for someone somewhere. It's just horrible.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
They fixed the speed issue with it last update. Second, I use the new timeline grid view now. Much more practical.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith