Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I rotate videos on the HTC One M8?

Is there any to rotate videos using the M8?
    Do I need an app, if so whats the best app?

Default re: How do I rotate videos on the HTC One M8?

Just go to settings > display and gestures, then turn on Auto Rotate. That will automatically change orientation of videos and apps when you turn your phone sideways. In YouTube, it also acts to change to full screen without having to tap the expand button.

There's also a quick setting for this. Pull the notification bar down with two fingers (or with one and then tap the group of squares in the upper right corner) to access the various toggles. There may be a tile for auto rotate there. If not, tap the edit button (upper right, looks like a piece of paper with a pencil over it). There, you can reorder and select which tiles you want visible or hidden.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Just go to settings > display and gestures, then turn on Auto Rotate. That will automatically change orientation of videos and apps when you turn your phone sideways. In YouTube, it also acts to change to full screen without having to tap the expand button.

There's also a quick setting for this. Pull the notification bar down with two fingers (or with one and then tap the group of squares in the upper right corner) to access the various toggles. There may be a tile for auto rotate there. If not, tap the edit button (upper right, looks like a piece of paper with a pencil over it). There, you can reorder and select which tiles you want visible or hidden.
    Thanks for your reply, however the screen does auto rotate but the video clips actually start out been off by 90 degress, so no matter how how the screen rotates the video clip is always off by 90 degress.

Oh, so you're wanting to actually modify the video file itself to rotate like you would rotate a pic when editing it? You would need a video editing app for that, but not sure which one would be best.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Oh, so you're wanting to actually modify the video file itself to rotate like you would rotate a pic when editing it? You would need a video editing app for that, but not sure which one would be best.
    Thats exactly what I am looking for, guess I will have to do some research on my own
    Thanks anyway for your replies.
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dlocks View Post
    Is there any to rotate videos using the M8?
    Do I need an app, if so whats the best app?
    Can't you export the vid to a PC or Mac and then rotate it using a video editing application?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default Re: How do I rotate videos on the HTC One M8?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    Can't you export the vid to a PC or Mac and then rotate it using a video editing application?
    I am sure some editing software exist, I just have to do some research to find the best way to do it.

Default Re: How do I rotate videos on the HTC One M8?

I'm looking for the same thing, either an Android App, or a Windows app that will rotate the video 90 degrees. I captured a video in portrait mode on my M8 that I need to send to dad, but when it's played on the PC he'll see it sideways. I'd rather take care of the video editing for him, but many of the apps I've seen in the play store have a low rating.

If anyone has a stellar experience with an app that will simply rotate the video, I'd love to hear about it....

David...