Screen mirroring

joe morgan4

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have an LG smart tv. I mirror my work phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 mini) just fine with a hit of a button in the phone settings. I noticed that my M8 doesn't have the screen mirroring option. Any ideas how to screen mirror?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
how are you connected with your Samsung? WiFi? MHL? Chromecast?
I think your LG TV uses allshare (someone chime in with the correct info here) and your Samsung also uses it.
However the HTC devices dont.
I do know that you can do screen mirroring with the MHL adapter and also with a chromecast. The chromecast recently added the feature so its still in beta for some people.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm able to mirror my HTC One m8 to my TV by going to Settings, clicking on the three dots under my wireless connection (which will take you to your Wi-Fi connection area), clicking on the three dots again (this time in the upper right corner of the screen), picking Wi-Fi Direct, and then picking the device I'm broadcasting to (in this case a Netgear Push2TV adapter connected to my TV's hdmi port). It should then say the device was invited, and shortly after the receiving device (TV) should say connecting, and then you should be mirrored. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz