Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need to get this phone. Can I do this workaround with verizon?

I'm in a family plan with both of my parents. I have an s4 and have been in a contract for about 1.2 years. My dad has a Samsung Droid Charge that he's been using for almost 3.5 years, and doesn't care much to upgrade.

I want to leave the verizon family plan and switch over to T-Mobile. Since my dad has been using the same phone for so long, we figured we would give him my galaxy s4 to use. Does anyone know if I can have my dad cancel his line, switch over to my line and my galaxy s4 with HIS phone number, and have me leave and go to T-mobile, without a termination fee?

If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize and will delete it.

Default Re: Need to get this phone. Can I do this workaround with verizon?

If he hasn't renewed his contract with a new two year agreement. Yes you can end his and not pay anything to remove the line. But if you still have unlimited data or limited data with a set min and text amount and don't go over. It would be cheaper to stay on that plan.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Need to get this phone. Can I do this workaround with verizon?

And just so you know... You could use his upgrade to get the m8 and switch it when you get home. That's the work around I use on an extra line to keep my unlimited data. Never had an issue with doing so.

Posted via Android Central App