HTC One M8 question- Messaging application missing a feature

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Did all of the HTC One M8 phones have the move to secure box removed from them under the message area? HTC and my carrier AT&T seem to not really know. One says yes it has it, the other says no it's no longer there, and some have clue. The demo phone In store did not have it either. Who has it, or is it gone for good? Does anyone know of any apps that are equal to that feature? Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it has to w the carrier, but I have it, I'm on T-Mobile.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

I would say it's carrier specific since I'm on AT&T. Obviously they thought it was not a needed feature. Interesting. I wonder if Verizon's has it. Hopefully someone will post that. I wish I could find a third party app that does the same. Thanks for the replies.

Posted via Android Central App

Hjortron

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this sucks. I just upgraded to an m8 from an m7 YESTERDAY, and am VERY disappointed to discover that this feature has been removed, as I'd come to RELY upon it on my m7. I did a live chat with HTC last night, to make sure it didn't have to be enabled first or something, and they confirmed for me that it's been removed (though to be honest, the rep I was chatting with seemed kind of unsure himself. From reading here, it appears to be carrier-specific, as folks on T-Mobile & Sprint seem to have it). So I will now have to begin a search for an apk of the messaging app with the Secure Box feature intact... If anyone has it, or is aware of where I might be able to find it, please let me know. I've done some searches, and have found some threads that claim to have all Sense 6 apk's included, but I downloaded them, and checked inside the archive, and the Messages app wasn't there. Downloaded another one (specifically saying it was the Messages app. ...and a newer version than the one I have currently installed), but it wouldn't install. If you have any good leads, please respond!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystalMcclain