Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeff Harris
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default check out my invention of a improved, better protecting, dot view case.

so I bought a cheap $18 china dot view case on ebay ( not the official htc one). needless to say, it broke a corner 4 days into, due to cheap plastic. they sent me another case for free. so I thought...hmmmm maybe I can do something with the old dot cover?

I have been using a SUPCASE unicorn beetle case I got from amazon. great looking and slim TPU case, btw. so heres what I did:

after taking the dot cover off the plastic back using low heat and a heat gun I measured the cut I would need to make in the side of the tpu case. trimmed it off, and smoothed with a die grinder . I trimmed off about a 1/4 " of the vinyl where its taped on, due to my supcase being clear, I didn't want to see the tape.
    I applied super sticky black double sided tape and installed it to my Supcase just like it was applied to the cheap plastic back.
    works exactly the same , looks great, and works with my tempered screen protector.

what do you guys think? I think I got the function/look of the dot view case, with better protection using the supcase unicorn beetle. The cover flips all the way around the back so its great to hold too.
    I need to patent this.... $$$$

check out my invention of a improved, better protecting, dot view case.-71ccjd-x1gl__sl1500_.jpgcheck out my invention of a improved, better protecting, dot view case.-imag1958.jpgcheck out my invention of a improved, better protecting, dot view case.-imag1959.jpgcheck out my invention of a improved, better protecting, dot view case.-imag1960_1.jpg
    hodie63 likes this.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Re: check out my invention of a improved, better protecting, dot view case.

I might have to try this as well. i have both tose cases laying around at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Harris View Post
    so I bought a cheap $18 china dot view case on ebay ( not the official htc one). needless to say, it broke a corner 4 days into, due to cheap plastic. they sent me another case for free. so I thought...hmmmm maybe I can do something with the old dot cover?

I have been using a SUPCASE unicorn beetle case I got from amazon. great looking and slim TPU case, btw. so heres what I did:

after taking the dot cover off the plastic back using low heat and a heat gun I measured the cut I would need to make in the side of the tpu case. trimmed it off, and smoothed with a die grinder . I trimmed off about a 1/4 " of the vinyl where its taped on, due to my supcase being clear, I didn't want to see the tape.
    I applied super sticky black double sided tape and installed it to my Supcase just like it was applied to the cheap plastic back.
    works exactly the same , looks great, and works with my tempered screen protector.

what do you guys think? I think I got the function/look of the dot view case, with better protection using the supcase unicorn beetle. The cover flips all the way around the back so its great to hold too.
    I need to patent this.... $$$$

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71cCjD+X1gL__SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	131013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1958.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	488.1 KB 
ID:	131014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1959.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	844.6 KB 
ID:	131015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1960_1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	508.2 KB 
ID:	131016

Default Re: check out my invention of a improved, better protecting, dot view case.

HAHA I'm in the same exact process. I bought a cheap one from china, corners broke, used a heat gun two days ago and now I'm in the process of finding a case that will work with it. Can you provide a link to the case use used? thanks!

I found it
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

SUPCASE UNICORN BEETLE ON AMAZON.

works great so far !