Loss of Headphone Audio Quality with Screen Off

Chris Earl1

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Here's what happens: I plug in my headphones, fire up either spotify or GPM (more prevalent and noticible w/ GPM), start a song, lock screen, go about my business. From here, there is no noticible drop in sound quality...until I wake my screen. As soon as the screen wakes the audio quality and volume increases. Better lows, crisper highes, etc. It's not killing my experience, but I can notice it so of course it bothers the geek in me and I've gotta figure out what's going on. Is boomsound not activating? Is anyone else experiencing this? Please give it a spin and see if you guys can replicate this, or at the least help a brotha find what is causing this. Thanks guys and gals!

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
This has been happening to me for a while. It happens when I'm listening to Spotify. I thought I was imagining it or was something I was doing wrong. Probably a bug Spotify need to address or HTC as well.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been doing this too. I only use GPM and the sound quality is great when the phone is in my pocket but when I wake the screen and go into the GPM app sound quality drops. I'm usually only listening to cached music so there shouldn't be any buffering and quality should be high.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
And audible, which is not as big a deal, but noticeable difference in audio quality when I wake the screen up

Posted via Android Central App

Chris Earl1

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been doing this too. I only use GPM and the sound quality is great when the phone is in my pocket but when I wake the screen and go into the GPM app sound quality drops. I'm usually only listening to cached music so there shouldn't be any buffering and quality should be high.
Pretty sure you have the opposite effect. We all get more gain when the screen is woken, not a loss.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It has something to do with the mic opening when the screen turns on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance