Any HTC One m8 users who switched to Nova launcher , Action, etc instead of Sense6? Why?

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I love blinkfeed, but got nova prime to check it out. both are fine, but if you love endless customizations, nova wins.
I just switch back and forth.... lol. using blinkfeed at the moment. sense 6 is great.

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I just added Nova launcher yesterday. Both seem to be fine but it's nice to have options when customizing. Helps keep things fresh.

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova prime n when I wanna see blinkfeed I swipe up gesture n blinkfeed appears best of both worlds

Posted from the almighty htc m8

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I use Nova prime n when I wanna see blinkfeed I swipe up gesture n blinkfeed appears best of both worlds

This. Nova offers nearly endless cosmetic options. It's nice to change icon spacing, easily use complete sets of different icons, change transitions, borders, tray, etc. Plus, having used it on the last two phones it really seems to have very little overhead. I notice no lag at all.

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by IamSavic

This. Nova offers nearly endless cosmetic options. It's nice to change icon spacing, easily use complete sets of different icons, change transitions, borders, tray, etc. Plus, having used it on the last two phones it really seems to have very little overhead. I notice no lag at all.

^^This^^^^

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
How do I set nova prime to swipe up for blinkfeed? I have it set for calculator right now, but don't see blinkfeed on the list to add it .

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Always Action Launcher for me

1. The app drawer format is so much more efficient than anything else
2. Shutters
3. Customisation
4. Australian Made

I have tried Nova and Google Now (with xposed mods) but Action Launcher is the best

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I was happy with Blinkfeed at first, but I have Nova Prime from my previous phone so I loaded it up and have stuck with it. I can fit more on the screen and it has a Direct Dial widget that I really missed.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've used Nova for a long time... custom gestures is the primary reason, but changing the screen grid icon layout is also very nice, icon size, number of icons on the dock, number of dock pages, add custom themes... just to name a few things. Most of this is all about allowing users to customize their launcher, which HTC, Motorola, Samsung and just about everybody else does not allow or only gives users a couple things they can change.

abnavin

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Try installing Google Now Launcher. I personally like it.

Google Now will take one home screen for itself that shows all relevant cards that you have shown interest in.

Other home screens can be configured with widgets/icons as you would do with any other launcher.

For lock screen, not sure if you are fan of Facebook, Facebook's Home is also an option for lock screen only.

donhr

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Action launcher coz of shutters and covers.cleaned out icons and folders coz of this and have kept homepage to two. Nice and simple

Posted via Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go against the grain here. I'm using Blinkfeed, but because the one I really liked is also fairly expensive as far as apps go. I tried the Next launcher and it was freaking amazing. It has custom grid arrangements (or go with "floating" icons that you can position wherever you want and rotate them too) and gesture control, but what drew me in was the 3D effects and the number of themes you can get. It has a 2D view mode as well, but even that has a number of 3D effects mixed in. Sure it's a bit of a heavy weight compared to others, but the M8 can handle the transitions and effects flawlessly without much impact on battery life. If you want something with a futuristic look and feel, this is the one... If you don't mind the price tag. You can download it for a free trial that gives you ample time to explore it. Most themes are also free, but even some of them have a price too.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
How do I set nova prime to swipe up for blinkfeed? I have it set for calculator right now, but don't see blinkfeed on the list to add it .
Did you figure it out yet from the info that was posted? Nova Settings > Gestures and Buttons > Swipe Up > Shortcuts > Activities > HTC Blinkfeed > Then scroll down to the one that is HTC BlinkFeed with Launcher under the title, it's the one right below Customize Highlights, tap it and you are good to go!

Whyareallthegoodnamestaken

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Just switched to Nova. I'm loving the ability to change the amount of rows and columns the home screen has. It's making things much easier to squeeze my widgets in.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan