Htc One m8 camera after fully falling into water

Vanwergh

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a question. Yesterday I had a party and my Htc one m8 fell to a water. He was all over the water. Everything seemed to work, until today when I noticed that my second (the small one on the top) camera has a water on the screen in the inside. When i'm taking photos at first it works fine, but actually it reads the colors wrong. If I take a shoto with a green wall in the center of it, everything becomes green-ish. Is this because of the water on the second camera, or it's just broken now? And if it's because of the water, how can I make it go away?

Also, does the warranty protect those kinds of damage?
Sorry for my english, it's not perfect for sure.

Last edited:

cjbart1009

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I think insurance protects your phone from water damages, broken screen due to dropping and loss of phone. Warranty is more for issues like faulty battery, unresponsive touch screen and things similar to those.

Sent from my HTC One M8

dlocks

May 31, 2010
Visit site
First thing I would do is to not power on the phone while there is still moisture on the inside.
Then maybe removing simcard and sd card trays and see if that will help in drying out the internals.
I have heard people putting their phone in a bowl of uncooked rice to draw moisture out of the phone.
Good luck.

Vanwergh

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I'll leave it for 5 days then.

Also guys, do you know if it's possible to repair the cameras in some repairing services? In case if they will be broken. I still hope that the photos were bad just because there was some water on them. But I guess I'll know in 5 days...

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Many tout the virtues of rice for drying out electronics, I'd rather eat it. I've had much better luck with using a hairdryer and it doesn't take 5 days. Don't be afraid of getting it toasty.

Sophia Zhao

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I'll leave it for 5 days then.

Also guys, do you know if it's possible to repair the cameras in some repairing services? In case if they will be broken. I still hope that the photos were bad just because there was some water on them. But I guess I'll know in 5 days...
In fact, there are two kinds of possibilities. Either broke that part of the motherboard or broke the depth camera. You can replace with a new second camera(but always it is sold as a set such as Rear Duo Camera for HTC One M8 - Witrigs.com) to test, if it works well, that's the problem of camera itself. But if still wrong, that maybe the problem of motherboard. Waterdamage is complicated, have a good luck!

Vanwergh

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm back. Today I turned it ON after leaving it for 4 days in rice. Everything works perfectly so far. The camera also works without any problem. It must have been the water on the lens, it was hazy and that was probably the reason of crazyness of the cameras. Thanks for help guys! Now all what I have to do is hope that corrosion won't destroy my phone. Thanks again and bye!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar