How durable is the on/off button

Tiriyon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
How durable do you think the on/off or power button or w/e it's called?

It seems to me like a weak spot in the design that can fail quickly.

The feel of it is like a tooth that's about to fall.

Posted via a waiting to be rooted One M8

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you compared it to other M8s? Like in a carrier store maybe? If it's looser than those, it might just be your device.
I don't think it'll fall off any time soon though. It's the most frequently pressed button on the phone, no reason to make one that couldn't take a few thousand presses without issues.

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
There is an apk somewhere on this site that enables the three finger tap to turn the screen off. Search round for it or someone post the link. Works great and I hardly ever use the power button anymore.

Tiriyon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I went to a neighbor who has m8 and it's the same feel in both devices. It's not as if it has huge space to dwindle in, something like a micrometer of space to move. The volume rockers feels really soft and do have lot of movement then the on/off button. I didn't notice it because my case covers the volume rockers.

And thanks for the link, I got back to using the touch gestures even though in some pockets it wakes by my leg. I'll try it.

Edit: it's only a lock, I need 3 fingers wake.

Posted via a waiting to be rooted One M8

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The way it works for me is I wake the phone by tapping the scene twice (this feature comes with the phone). To turn the screen off I tap the screen with three fingers and it turns off the screen. You need to enable it in the settings. It's weird because the three finger option was in the setting since I bought the phone but it didn't do anything. Then I found the apk and works great. Is this your desired need, to turn the screen off?

Tiriyon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
It might be unique to your device because mine is pretty solid. I'm more worried about the volume rocker.

Posted via Android Central App

I found a nice that locks on the notification bar and let's u adjust volume through instead of rocking those rockers.

Tried to post link but I don't have permission yet so its called volume button

Nkte that tapping the app from notification will open it above home screen and minimize any app you're on.

It's pretty good in my opinion so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar