Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is Quick Change 2.0?

It's been a while since HTC released the M8 and boasted about Quick Charge 2.0 and it's advantages.
    So where is it? I don't believe it will be released before the end of the year, although it's supposed to have been released in Japan...

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Where is Quick Change 2.0?

How long does it take you to charge your phone now?

They may have already enabled it (silently). If I recall last time I charged my m8 phone (my phone is about two weeks old and I charged it with the HTC included cable) it charged 40-50% in ~30 minutes. That seemed pretty fast to me, but is quick charge 2.0 suppose to be even faster than that?

GSam battery monitor is reporting
    Battery life: 4d 21h
    Screen On: 4h 58m

Next time I have to charge I'll try to pay more precise attention to how quick it charges, and I'll report back. However based on how I use my phone in that time that may not be for another 4 days.
    Android systems: HTC One M8 phone & Archos 80 Titanium Internet Tablet

Default Re: Where is Quick Change 2.0?

The stock charger will fully charge a phone in roughly 3-3.5 hrs. A QC 2 charger is supposed to go from 0-60% (I think) in 30 min from what I was reading. I think that's about twice as fast as the stock charger based on my experience. I also read the QC2 charger has a special chip for the phone to recognize such a charger and allow the faster charge rates.

On a side note, the article I see most often linked to that talks about the M8 using the QC2 also says it's better for the battery. Based on everything I've researched, that isn't true with lithium based batteries. Depending on the charge rate, it wouldn't necessarily be bad. It just wouldn't help the longevity of the battery.