Call Quality Comparison

TrophyNostalgia

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm extremely interested in choosing the HTC One (M8) as my next phone, but I'm looking for a phone that has solid "call" quality. I was wondering if anyone could comment on their experience or point me to some articles/reviews that give comparisons of the M8's voice/call quality with other smartphones. Thoughts? Thanks guys...

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Love it in speaker mode far above any other phone I've had in the past. Plus there has been no complaints from anyone on the other end with this phone. When it comes to the sound daring calls on your end and there's( even in loss areas) It's gets five stars if you ask me. This comes from a person that update his phone every 6 months.

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
what network?
I am having no problems with mine on T-Mobile.
But i imagine if you get into some low coverage areas that might not be the case.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
TechRadar says:
The call quality and signal strength were two areas I was particularly impressed by - living in a house with very low signal gives me a great chance to test battery and call quality (as well as living a frustrating existence when I miss call after call).I found that the HTC One (M8) allowed me to make calls in new places compared to phones from 2012 and 2013, and that makes a big difference to me being able call from bed rather than having to hang around a window before having a momentary panic as to whether I've remembered to get dressed.
95% success rate, if you're wondering.
The sound quality of calls has always been good from HTC, but the rounded edges of the phone were more pleasant to press into the ear than the sharp edges of last year's model. The Boomsound speakers are smaller, but the sound quality isn't diminished thankfully.

PhoneArena says:
With its signature speakers, there’s no issue trying to make out voices in even the noisiest of environments.
As the earpiece is actually one of the stereo speakers, it really lends some help in the calling quality performance of the phone. Not only are voices exquisitely loud and commanding, but they’re for the most part clear and noise-free – making it very easy to hear our callers in extremely noisy environments. Lucky for us, that’s also the case switching it to speakerphone mode, where its dual front-firing speakers deliver a potent mixture of power and clarity. Lastly, our callers also benefit by being greeted to voices on their end of the line that are robust and lively.

Engadget says:
Our European review units fared well in overall call quality, and BoomSound helped make the speakerphone easy to use for conference calls. Speaking of which, we could tell that BoomSound was louder than it was on the M7, and music sounds clearer.

Boy Genius Report says:
The result is sound that’s deeper, 25% louder, and even a bit clearer (at least to my ear) than it was on last year’s HTC One. I should also note that sound seems to be improved on voice calls, and through the audio jack as well thanks to another new amp.

PhoneScoop says:
Regular phone calls are sent to just one of the two speakers. Calls are plenty loud and audible with the volume set between 40% and 60%. If you put it up much more than that and press the One to your ear, you might be in danger of damaging your hearing. Call quality was a little bit mixed. Most of the time it was good, but every so often I'd hear a bunch of noisy interference. Calls routed to the speakerphone are insanely loud. You can use the One to fill a board room with mostly clear voices.

PocketNow says:
Just as it was on the original One, voice calling on the M8 is an excellent experience. We tested it on AT&T’s network in wind, in traffic noise, and even in the throbbing pop-music onslaught of a German bar-restaurant in New York City. Aside from a few stray artifacts, callers reported hearing no background sound at all – and their voices came through loud and clear on our end, as well. So loud, in fact, that full volume was actually slightly painful.

William Chappell

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
People can NOT understand me when I use my speakerphone. HTC M8 Tmobile Dallas. I am so frustrated because I need to use all the time for work.
Anybody else experience this?
Any solutions?
Thank you

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
People can NOT understand me when I use my speakerphone. HTC M8 Tmobile Dallas. I am so frustrated because I need to use all the time for work.
Anybody else experience this?
Any solutions?
Thank you
Then you my friend got a defected device. As with the M8 you should be able to enjoy calls with HD quality.

Sent from my HTC One M8

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Then you my friend got a defected device. As with the M8 you should be able to enjoy calls with HD quality.

Sent from my HTC One M8

His key word is SpeakerPhone.
Most devices dont do as well on speakerphone. You start to open up a whole new can of worms with cellular when you use speakerphone.
They try to use VOX signaling. Basically when the caller is talking your mic is muted, Then when your talking the speaker is muted. This prevents feedback from happening. Add to it ANY background noise and your hosed. It should work well in a quiet office setting, but not well in a car going highway speeds, or in a noisy environment.
My guess is your phone works just fine on normal calls but speaker phone is not.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have tried many smartphones and I find the M8's call quality to be rather great. I get no distortion and people can hear me clearly. Speaker mode is also pretty awesome since the Boom speakers are very loud and crisp.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia