Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC1 M8/Android random opinions from a former I-phone user :)

Finally starting to get used to Android and the HTC which I really like (with few hang-ups)
    + Love how the feel and look of the software can be personalised (using Buzz launcher and go SMS for example)
    + Screen size + camera + speakers
    - The volume button are soooo annoying.... they are so sensitive and not well located. Keep turning off silent mode involuntarily.
    - Why is there no Japanese keyboard!? It's a pain to have to go through 3rd party; the I-phone was well handy for this.
    - For some reason, I am not able to stream any videos since last week; still need to investigate why …
    - Aaahh, google everywhere!
    - I have not really found a good way to back up a mirror/snapshot of the phone content. I thought this would be handled with the HTC software; well no.... When I tried to restore a backup from my stolen phone; I had to do everything from scratch. I felt I have lost loads of times re-installing music and re-personalising …
    Anyway, overall, I am happy with it. Still curious at what Apple will be coming with in the future though.

Default Re: HTC1 M8/Android random opinions from a former I-phone user :)

Well Google does own android. But its hardly everywhere, other than google now, I barely notice it. And keyboards is tiny issue since so many people use 3rd party from the start and they are very impressive. Reinstalling music seems easy enough, sync manager takes care of most everything, though Ive never had to use it. Beyond that, takes me like 10 mins to put phone back to how I had it previously. Alot of apps auto download also. I like redownloading alot of the apps cause it cleans out the ones I may no longer need or want on the new phone.
    HTC One of the Red variety
    Nexus 7 2013
    Droid DNA
    Droid Incredible (MP3 Player)

Try Helium if you want a good backup app.

Just curious--when you had your iPhone, did it bother you that it was aaaah Apple everywhere?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah true,

I understand they're trying to make one ecosystem for things to be more integrated and more efficient but I did find Google quite intrusive compare to Apple. I am not saying that Apple is not doing the same but imo it's less in your face (Google now….). I might be wrong but I don’t remember Apple having as many apps as Google that i dont really use(Google Chrome, Google Currents, Google Drive, Gmail, Google Search, Google+, Hangouts, , Photos, Play Books, Play Games, Play Music & TV, Play Music, Play Newsstand, , Quickoffice, etc...). Also, I didn’t have to open an e-mail account and an apple+ account for example (just had a single apple account).

As I have said, I am getting used to it and it's not that bad as you can turn off what you dont need or dont want...(and yeah, I know, ultimately, it’s the same shenanigans on apple side anyway).

Maybe controversial on this forum but I actually liked I-tune. I found it to be a pretty neat way to manage my phone content, back up and music library. (I am probably missing a trick but I am still currently using it to manage my music folder on my desktop; I transfer the file manually on my phone). I will definitely look at helium though; thanks!

Again, this is my perception and I am fairly happy with the change anyway. I do like the HTC sense keyboard. I switch to a Japanese keyboard app manually when needed.

iPhones have the apple equivalent of every app you just listed when you pull one out of the box.

Apple doesn't put their name to everything because there's no alternative

My M8 posted this

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    iPhones have the apple equivalent of every app you just listed when you pull one out of the box.

Apple doesn't put their name to everything because there's no alternative
    Well to be fair, their equivalent to Google Play, Books, Music, etc., was all named iTunes. And their equivalent to Drive was so bad, even dedicated fanboys didn't like it, and most people probably don't know if exists.

Posted via Android Central App