Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Developer Edition Warranty Transfer

Does anyone know if the warranty would transfer to me if I purchased a used Developer Edition M8? I'm looking into doing this to save a few bucks, but I'm not sure if the warranty would transfer.

Global Posts
    9,656 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Developer Edition Warranty Transfer

The warranty from what? Your current "normal" M8?
    If you were to buy the Dev Edition, it will come with a manufacturer's warranty but you'd still have to buy insurance to cover any possible damage if that's what you mean.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    The warranty from what? Your current "normal" M8?
    If you were to buy the Dev Edition, it will come with a manufacturer's warranty but you'd still have to buy insurance to cover any possible damage if that's what you mean.
    No, I don't have one now. If I bought a used one from Swappa or something, would I be able to use the manufacturer warranty if something went wrong?

Global Posts
    9,656 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    No, I don't have one now. If I bought a used one from Swappa or something, would I be able to use the manufacturer warranty if something went wrong?
    Well that only covers software issues and hardware failure, but not accidental damage. If the phone is still within one year of purchase you should still be able to make claims on it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Well that only covers software issues and hardware failure, but not accidental damage. If the phone is still within one year of purchase you should still be able to make claims on it.

Yup. That's what I was wondering. And I talked to someone at HTC, and it does work. Got one on Swappa for $500 with all accessories and 11 months left on the warranty.

Global Posts
    9,656 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Yup. That's what I was wondering. And I talked to someone at HTC, and it does work. Got one on Swappa for $500 with all accessories and 11 months left on the warranty.
    Nice deal
    Congrats on the new phone!

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
    Thanked by: