I miss my M8

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
iPhone withdrawal. I though going back to the iPhone would go smoothly but I miss the boomsound speakers and working wifi.

Plus the new Moto360 caught my interest.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
iPhone withdrawal. I though going back to the iPhone would go smoothly but I miss the boomsound speakers and working wifi.

Plus the new Moto360 caught my interest.

pound your head on a table next time you "think" you're having an Iphone withdrawal

Ebay/Swappa is your friend..

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Went back to using an iPhone
I made a bad choice.
Like your name sake using old technology when there is better stuff out there. You have my sympathy, but I can't see why you'd want to go back to an iPhone after using an m8. :-! Did you sell off your m8, or do you still have it. If you still have it - you could go back to it again.

There's a few things I like on the iPhone that I wish could be found on the M8.

Like what?

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I can certainly understand that, being deep in the Apple ecosystem and owning Macs and iPads for years. The M8 was the first Android phone that made me weak. I had posted about my experiences some months ago, and you won't imagine how many times I went back and forth, using both devices. The iPhone 5S is a great device, but so is the M8.
I think it's all about personal preference. The sound quality of the M8 is amazing, the screen also. More important though is if you can find the apps you need, in the quality you expect, for your chosen device. This is the most important thing.
I have to admit, it is much easier for me to find great apps for the iPhone, but after a little bit of searching, trying and installing stuff, I have found good equivalent apps on my M8, for everything I need. Some of the apps are actually better on the M8. I even found an Omnifocus (unofficial) app, that syncs with my Mac and iPad.
I am currently using the M8 and I really happy with it. Will I go back to the iPhone 6? Maybe. I don't know, and I will certain think of that. Somehow the iPhone's design (even if it is really a great looking phone), is boring to me. The M8 is exciting..
I also found out during my comparison between the two devices, that I wanted to use the M8 more than the iPhone. The reasons for that are actually really simple:
  • The screen. I love the size
  • The speakers. I love listening to podcasts and music, even when I am at home
  • Blinkfeed. There is nothing like that on iOS. Flipboard is not as good
  • The flexibility Android offers. I like being able to configure things the way I want them to.

One negative thing though. At some point I tried using iCloud and its services on the M8. Everything worked (by buying 3rd party apps of course), but what impressed me negatively, was the lack of a really good IMAP mail client on Android (and I tried almost everything that exists out there). One client had the features needed, but bad UI, the other had nice UI, but was missing features, etc...
I am now using Exchange for Mail and I am using Nine, the best Exchange app I have ever seen on a mobile device. Very very good..

Anyway, I just wanted to post this small update and also say, the iPhone is certainly a good choice, and the M8 also. It's nice that we have choices...