Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default

    Since the last update I have had an issue sending pictures via text messages. At first I figured I needed to turn on WiFi calling to assist in sending...this worked for a time. But now it no longer works. I can receive images just fine. I put in an image of the error that my girlfriend sees when I send her a picture. M8 pictures failing to reach destination.-8073.jpg

    I can guarantee that it's not a data issue. I have excellent LTE and crazy fast WiFi. M8 pictures failing to reach destination.-8071.jpg

    I have tried everything I can imagine up and to a factory data reset. Which I did just this last weekend.

    I can send images via email, hangouts, Facebook messenger etc. Just text message problems at this point. I like the stock app and would like to keep it.

    I work as an IT specialist solving people's problems all day. I've had every HTC flagship since the EVO 4g and I'm finally stumped. This is a Sprint M8 btw.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If this is a repeat thread point me there and I will clear this one out. Thank you.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: M8 pictures failing to reach destination.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaneHR2 View Post
    Since the last update I have had an issue sending pictures via text messages. At first I figured I needed to turn on WiFi calling to assist in sending...this worked for a time. But now it no longer works. I can receive images just fine. I put in an image of the error that my girlfriend sees when I send her a picture. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8073.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	132521
    I have tried everything I can imagine up and to a factory data reset. Which I did just this last weekend.

    I can send images via email, hangouts, Facebook messenger etc. Just text message problems at this point. I like the stock app and would like to keep it.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Is it just her that is reporting the problem of not being able to see them? It could be a setting on her phone, and not be the sending phone's problem. In your text messaging app you might have a multimedia messages (MMS) option, and in that an area that says maximum message size. If she has something like that in her settings it may be stripping out large files (like your pictures). Hangouts which you say works is a text messaging app as well, and since you say that is working it may be delivering your images in a different format (or shrinking the files). The fact that hangouts works also would confirm that your phone is capable of sending out the files. Try sending your image(s) from your text app to an e-mail address that you can access on a computer and know will not strip images and see if you successfully receive it there.
    Android systems: HTC One M8 phone & Archos 80 Titanium Internet Tablet
  3. #3  

    Default Re: M8 pictures failing to reach destination.

    I don't have anything helpful to add but do you have any tips on boosting my WiFi speed?

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: M8 pictures failing to reach destination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    Is it just her that is reporting the problem of not being able to see them? It could be a setting on her phone, and not be the sending phone's problem. In your text messaging app you might have a multimedia messages (MMS) option, and in that an area that says maximum message size. If she has something like that in her settings it may be stripping out large files (like your pictures). Hangouts which you say works is a text messaging app as well, and since you say that is working it may be delivering your images in a different format (or shrinking the files). The fact that hangouts works also would confirm that your phone is capable of sending out the files. Try sending your image(s) from your text app to an e-mail address that you can access on a computer and know will not strip images and see if you successfully receive it there.
    Its not just her. When u send one to anyone it gives them the same result. I already know it will send to an email. I am concerned with text to text. I will pour over my settings yet again but I don't think I will see anything different this time.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: M8 pictures failing to reach destination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Curtendz View Post
    I don't have anything helpful to add but do you have any tips on boosting my WiFi speed?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Well the only tip I have is have a big connection pipe from your ISP and a stable network, with really high quality equipment. I work for a IT company and that is our office WiFi. My home network is pretty solid and fast as well but not that fast.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: M8 pictures failing to reach destination.

    You can try tip below but can't guarantee fix it at all.
    1.Clear the cache about the stock app
    2.Disable wifi-calling service
    3.Reboot device (without fastboot)
    Try sending pictures via text messages.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: M8 pictures failing to reach destination.

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Walter View Post
    You can try tip below but can't guarantee fix it at all.
    1.Clear the cache about the stock app
    2.Disable wifi-calling service
    3.Reboot device (without fastboot)
    Try sending pictures via text messages.
    Thank you for the comment but all have been tried. Still nothing. It may just be a size issue. I am going to download a small jpeg and send it to a few contacts to see if it is received.

    Posted via the Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Downgrade Sprint S4 from Kit kat to Jelly Bean
    By Nick B5 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 05:18 PM
  2. Verizon S4 going to Japan
    By Snapmech in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 12:57 AM
  3. how do I move pictures to sim card
    By rori hamm in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 11:54 PM
  4. How to receive pictures on ZTE Valet
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 11:28 PM
  5. Can't receive pictures
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions