Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default Best option to use for signal for my Verizon HTC One M8?

Should I use global or LTE/CDMA setting?

Default Re: Best option to use for signal for my Verizon HTC One M8?

I'm not sure it really matters, but when I was on Verizon, I always kept it on LTE/CDMA.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by terryh215 View Post
    Should I use global or LTE/CDMA setting?
    My suggestion would be to use global.

Some people have stated MMS sends faster when set to global over the other options. Additionally others have said having global set leads to less time that the phone is searching for signals. A person in Texas reported when set to LTE/CDMA his/her phone would search for a signal for up to 2 minutes when switching between towers, but when it was set to global it took 10-15 seconds in those same areas.

On my old phone (a Samsung Stratosphere) it only had the LTE/CDMA, and CDMA options, and there would be times when my texts (and/or picture messages) didn't go out (staying in pending status), and times when it would say pending and actually have sent. With my new phone (a HTC One m8 set to Global) everything sends right away. I also find places were I encountered low signals, or slow connections with my old phone seem to be connected at 4G LTE, have stronger signal strength, and faster speeds with my new phone. While the phone itself, the texting app (default on the old phone, but Verizon Message on the new), and other things (Android version 2.x vs 4.4.2) may have been factors in the issues I believe the Global setting is a big reason why things run so smoothly and quickly now.

My thoughts are that its not only better for your signal, but also for your battery life. The less time your phone spends searching for a connection the less battery it will use, and the faster you're connected the sooner you are done doing what you intended to do, and the sooner you can sleep your phone (using less battery then when your using it).
    B. Diddy likes this.

That's very interesting, thanks!
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]

Interesting topic and responses.

The reason I say interesting is that when I first got my m8 I had a lot of problems connecting and dropping mobile data. During troubleshooting I switched from global to lte/cdma and coincidentally the issue disappeared.

Now I am intrigued to set it back to global and see if the problem resurfaces, especially since there is thoughts that global is the "better" setting.

This is interesting, I am with Verizon and asked this on the forum and they said LTE was better if I am in the country. I will try Global and see how that does.