HTC One (M8) - Synching Dropbox Photos - Do I understand this correctly?

Squibbles80

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am new here and have just switched from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a HTC One M8. I am hoping someone can help correct either my understanding or what may be a genuine problem..

I am finding the phone a pain at the moment and HTC Sense to be a bit flawed compared to TouchWizz but this may just be my preference.

I have a problem with Dropbox (or my understanding of the way it works on HTC). As I understand it and from my previous experience with Samsung - pictures which are synchronised to Dropbox - are stored in 2 folders:

1) Camera Uploads.
2) Photos

Each directory of which is synchronised and viewable in your phone "Gallery".

I previously used the HTC Transfer Tool to move stuff from my old phone to the new HTC.

I will add though I am pretty sure that the "integration" works in this manner.

Answers so far from:

HTC UK - "We stopped partnering with Dropbox as of last year and hence not possible"
- " Possible with Google Drive"

Vodafone - "No idea"

So my problem:

The pictures on Dropbox are not synchronising/showing up in my "Gallery" in the HTC One M8. Not showing up as Albums, Timeline, Events etc.

This functionality is important to me but may not be too others, so would appreciate some assistance if I am doing something wrong or to resolve.

Thanks.
Squibbles80

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know it's not the answer you want, but you can't. Samsung partnered with Dropbox and it integrated this into the Gallery (nothing to do with synchronization). HTC, I'm guessing, does not, and therefore won't let you display Dropbox contents directly on the Gallery, unless you have such an option in the VIEW settings of the Gallery.

So, how does the sync work? Easy. If you turn Camera Upload on into the Dropbox app, your camera folder will get uploaded to Dropbox (it's really not a sync, it's a backup since what you do on Dropbox doesn't reflect on the phone and whatever you delete from the phone after it's been uploaded to Dropbox is still in the Cloud). But that's about it. It doesn't mean that it will integrate the service onto the Gallery app.

Squibbles80

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi SpookDroid,

Thank You for the response.

That's a bummer and would make sense as this is what HTC UK told me. I found the Samsung Gallery Integration far easier to use and retrieve in comparison to HTC.

Would you recommend an App or know whether a pure integration is possible with say Google Drive?

Thanks.

Squibbles80

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank You all.

I am still getting used to the HTC way of doing things and hopefully will read around the forums also.

Any recommended Apps i.e. not to be missed ones?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank You all.

I am still getting used to the HTC way of doing things and hopefully will read around the forums also.

Any recommended Apps i.e. not to be missed ones?

Screen off and lock... Never touch your power button again.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63