08-26-2014 02:54 AM
33 12
tools
    With the metal body, one might think a protective case would be less important. Especially since it would add to the weight/size.

But then there's the screen. It's still vulnerable.

It made me think the E8 might be a better choice (if, you can get it).

Do you think it's important to have a protective case for your phone? What kind did you decide on?
    And to everyone here htc advange or however you spell that lol os there for free screen replacement
    08-22-2014 06:52 AM
    And to everyone here htc advange or however you spell that lol os there for free screen replacement
    In the first 6 months. After that you're either of of pocket or out of luck.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-22-2014 10:50 AM
    In the first 6 months. After that you're either of of pocket or out of luck.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yea your right
    08-22-2014 10:50 AM
    Before I switched to Android, I had a Lumia 920 for a year. Never had a case for the phone. When I bought my HTC One M8, it didn't have a blemish on it (the Lumia). Before the Lumia, I had an iPhone 4. Again, no case was used. After a year, I sold it to Gazelle in pristine condition. That being said:
    I know I'm flirting with disaster. I'm very careful with my phone. I always place it in my front right pocket, with no other items inside. Also, after the iPhone 4, I decided that I would not buy flimsy, fragile phones. I feel that a case covers what are now, works of art. It adds bulk that diminishes one of the reasons you bought the phone in the first place. That being said, I do realize that there are people that must use a case. Whether it is the environment the phone is exposed to, or the owner being clumsy. I never criticize those who have a case...It's just not for me.
    D_Norm_A likes this.
    08-23-2014 06:37 AM
    I go naked. Naked previously with the M7 and now with the M8. The M7 collected one scuff on a corner caused by me doing something like i was 20 years younger.

But I did add nerdly bumpers near the camera to prevent lens scratching 'cause I would be very upset if I messed that up.
    08-23-2014 09:04 PM
    Just a few hours after I posted about how I don't use cases, my phone took a fall! I was taking my family to a park...Usually, I drive my SUV, but this time my wife drove. As I was opening the passenger door to get out, my phone fell out of my pocket and fell 1 meter onto the gravel, on its back (gun metal grey). Fortunately, there was not a blemish on the phone. I need to be more cautious!
    08-25-2014 06:47 AM
    Just a few hours after I posted about how I don't use cases, my phone took a fall! I was taking my family to a park...Usually, I drive my SUV, but this time my wife drove. As I was opening the passenger door to get out, my phone fell out of my pocket and fell 1 meter onto the gravel, on its back (gun metal grey). Fortunately, there was not a blemish on the phone. I need to be more cautious!
    I have done that a few times with my old phone, HTC Hero. That thing was a tank. Luckily I haven't dropped my M7 yet. I've had it since October. But of course I just jinxed myself. Lol.
    08-25-2014 03:25 PM
    Dont know if its necessary but i will keep using it
    08-26-2014 02:54 AM
33 12