Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question battery went dead - now I've lost folders, etc??

My battery went dead while we were out today. I came home, put the phone on the charger for a bit, and then tried to restart it.

When it restarted, I had the safe mode thing in the bottom left corner, and most of my folders are now gone. The apps are still in my app listing, but are gone from my main screens...

anyone have any idea what I've done, or what I can do to fix this?

Default Re: battery went dead - now I've lost folders, etc??

Quote Originally Posted by brianw0048 View Post
    My battery went dead while we were out today. I came home, put the phone on the charger for a bit, and then tried to restart it.
    When it restarted, I had the safe mode thing in the bottom left corner, and most of my folders are now gone. The apps are still in my app listing, but are gone from my main screens...
    Are you noticing the folders missing while in safe mode, or have you restarted again and gone back into normal mode? If you're still in safe mode it may be hiding some of the folders from access, so that it can successfully operate in safe mode.
    Android systems: HTC One M8 phone & Archos 80 Titanium Internet Tablet
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have tried restarting the phone multiple times and the folders are still not there...I'm missing 6 or 7 folders.

I have tried restarting the phone multiple times and the folders are still not there...I'm missing 6 or 7 folders.
    What types of folders were they? (Example: DCIM folders containing pictures taken by the camera, miscellaneous folders copied over from a computer, folders associated with particular apps - if so are the apps still there?, etc). Where were the folders before? (ex: on an SD card, on the phone itself?)

Are you able to connect the phone (or SD card) to a computer? If it was on an SD card, were you able to scan the SD card on a computer to see if it detected errors, and is able to repair them?
    Android systems: HTC One M8 phone & Archos 80 Titanium Internet Tablet

Try rebooting are the folders still there in a file manager?
    If you don't have just get astro file manager as its free and feature ful.

Global Posts
    4,373 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Hello. I would suggest connecting it to a computer and seeing if you can access any of your files. It may be due to the fact that you are in safe mode that you cannot see them.
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn