does LED work now, longer than 5 minutes?

DustBow

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

First post on AC.....long time BB user and love the BB10 OS but thinking about making the switch to Android now that I'm a "free agent" from my carrier and the M8 seems to be the one getting top-rated billing.
One of the main things I use/love is the ability to customize the LED notifications on my Q10. I use it constantly so I know exactly what is waiting for me on my phone w/o having to pick it up and look.
I know the M8 will never have quite as many options since it's only capable of 2 colors but can you now at least get the blinking light to work past the original 5 minutes? That would probably be good enough for me.

I've done some searches and there appeared to be a lot of issues with the M8 LED after release back in the spring, especially on Verizon - which is who I will be switching to eventually. But from what I have seen, there haven't been nearly the posts or questions recently talking about the LED issues....I saw one thread that said recent HTC/Kit-Kat updates have pretty much taken care of the issues and you now can keep the notification LED blinking until you actually check the message/notification instead of just for the original 5 minutes.

Can you guys verify this? Or point me in some other direction for 3rd party LED apps? (I also read that HTC doesn't really allow 3rd parties to access the LED w/o rooting the phone)

Thanks for any feedback you can provide

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The only minor annoyance I have is the led is very tiny and almost impossible to see from a distance. My Samsung S4 has a big bright pulsating led flashing light that is easy to see from across the room at a glance. With my m8 I find that I have to actually just about stand over the device to see if the led is blinking. But as I said, it's minor to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34