Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Delayed Sms Sending

    I know there was a thread for this, I can't find it. My problem is, my texts are being delayed. I'll text my fiance & exit the messaging app thinking it sent. Not hear back from her for an hour & it'll have the sending icon next to it. I'm using the stock app, & I'm in good coverage area

    Tapatalk'n On The M8 β˜•πŸΈ
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Delayed Sms Sending

    Did this start happening recently? Does it happen with everyone or just your fiancee?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Delayed Sms Sending

    In the past when this has happened to me, I had to call the carrier (AT&T) to have something fixed on their end. Reprovisioned or something.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Delayed Sms Sending

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Did this start happening recently? Does it happen with everyone or just your fiancee?
    Yes, it's been ongoing for maybe a week now. It's only doing this w her. It'll send if I stay in our conversation, everyone else I can exit soon as I hit send. It became worse since the 4.4.3 update.

    Tapatalk'n On The M8 β˜•πŸΈ
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Delayed Sms Sending

    Quote Originally Posted by Smply_Rcklss View Post
    Yes, it's been ongoing for maybe a week now. It's only doing this w her. It'll send if I stay in our conversation, everyone else I can exit soon as I hit send. It became worse since the 4.4.3 update.

    Tapatalk'n On The M8 β˜•πŸΈ
    Hmm, weird that it's exclusive to her threads. Have you tested it out on other apps?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Delayed Sms Sending

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Hmm, weird that it's exclusive to her threads. Have you tested it out on other apps?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    I just cleared the cache partition, it's working now. I'll see how it is in a week.

    Tapatalk'n On The M8 β˜•πŸΈ
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Delayed Sms Sending

    Quote Originally Posted by Smply_Rcklss View Post
    I just cleared the cache partition, it's working now. I'll see how it is in a week.

    Tapatalk'n On The M8 β˜•πŸΈ
    πŸ˜€
    Glad it's working for now. Let me know if it stays like that.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Similar Threads

  1. Can't send/receive MMS: HTC one m8
    By AdamLu in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-31-2014, 09:15 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 08:16 AM
  3. Exchange Server Cannot Send/Receive Over Cellular Data
    By RionDunn in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-20-2014, 07:38 PM
  4. HOW: Make Google Voice default SMS app G3
    By dougltc in forum LG G3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 12:19 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions