Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you like the camera on HTC One M8?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MDMcAtee
  • 1 Post By Geezerb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Do you like the camera on HTC One M8?

As a potential buyer of HTC One M8 Windows Phone version I'm curious to know how good is the camera? I currently own a Lumia 925 (Windows Phone) the camera in comparison to other 8 megapixel sensors is probably superior. The thing is Lumia series is known for great imaging, just look at Lumia 1020 with its 41MP sensor. But here lies the problem, I love the HTC One M8's design, it is so beautiful, nothing comes close. I've held it in-store to check how it feels and it was wonderful. Unfortunately, the One M8 had a security tag on its back, covering the camera so I wasn't able to test it out myself.

Now I know this is android central but we are part of Mobile Nation, so please give your honest feedback. I need a good camera, I don't zoom in or usually crop pics often, but taking moving images without to much blur is important since my niece is 5 months old and she won't stay still when taking pictures with our phones.

Global Posts
    10,004 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 5.0.1

Default Re: Do you like the camera on HTC One M8?

Welcome to AC
    The M8 is one of the better Android devices when it comes to the camera. Not sure how much different it would be with Windows camera software. My guess is that the Lumia is still better, but the M8 is pretty fast, so no blur shouldn't be a problem.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
    Thanked by:

I like mine for day to day shooting. Sure it could be better,but it does a good job for what it was designed to do.

It's very fast to focus and does very good for macros.

Check out the stickies here for the 2 threads on the camera discussion and the picture thread..See for yourself. Lots of tips and suggestions to take some great pictures.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC M8
    UJ95x and paramsingh like this.

Its terrible. I want to throw this phone in the trash and go back to the moto x

Posted via Android Central App

Poor Josh, can't handle a real phone & has to cross post to prove it. Try ebay.
    allroy75 likes this.

I like it, I hardly use it though. When I do, it's pretty good. I'd share some examples, but it's not letting me upload pics on here.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸