Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin Oates
  • 1 Post By tryatt
  • 1 Post By Dominic Asamoah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4.3 update for U. K Unlocked HTC One M8

I got the 4.4.3 update on my U. K unlocked M8 today. The phone is noticeably faster and stable. Still exploring though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Default re: 4.4.3 update for U. K Unlocked HTC One M8

Just received the update too for my unlocked One!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Asamoah View Post
    I got the 4.4.3 update on my U. K unlocked M8 today. The phone is noticeably faster and stable. Still exploring though.

Great news, I also have an unlocked UK M8 bought from Carphone Warehouse, but I'm stuck on 4.4.2. When did you get the update and have you noticed any other improvements?

I'm talking nonsense! I just checked to see if there were any software updates and there is currently downloading
    Thanked by:
    Dominic Asamoah likes this.

Yeah it feels a bit snappier and smoother and all round more stable. It was already those things for the most part. The file manager is basic but very welcome. I'm noticing some improvement with battery as well actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyareallthegoodnamestaken View Post
    Yeah it feels a bit snappier and smoother and all round more stable. It was already those things for the most part. The file manager is basic but very welcome. I'm noticing some improvement with battery as well actually.

Yeah the file manager is about the only new app that I appreciate, all the other HTC stuff, i've uninstalled. It does feel a bit smoother, but as you said it was already like this. Anything else you notice different about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    Yeah the file manager is about the only new app that I appreciate, all the other HTC stuff, i've uninstalled. It does feel a bit smoother, but as you said it was already like this. Anything else you notice different about it?
    My signal seems to be better actually.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Got my update just after mid day too. Been waiting ages and checking nearly hourly!

Can't say I've noticed a difference, but crashing when trying to open the gallery/video has stopped (so far).

To be honest, the only thing I care about is the file manager! FINALLY!

Edit: I've found a really annoying feature, in that when I'm using the stock browser (might happen with others too) the back/home/recent buttons hide themselves! Until you swipe up from the bottom or scroll the Web page down a little. I know it's to maximise screen space but it's annoying! I want full time dedicated buttons! I already hate the way they move in landscape mode compared to portrait.
    Dominic Asamoah likes this.

Default Re: 4.4.3 update for U. K Unlocked HTC One M8

I've also noticed that Hangouts and swiftkey now longer have lag, before 4.4.3 I found a tiny lag in opening Hangouts and Swiftkey, but not anymore
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

You're right. SwiftKey is smoother now. Feels like it has been specially optimized for Sense 6....HTC has done a good job with the M8

Kevin Oates likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Asamoah View Post
    You're right. SwiftKey is smoother now. Feels like it has been specially optimized for Sense 6....HTC has done a good job with the M8

Yeah, also noticing SwiftKey improvement.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Got it in Israel right now, keep talking I want to know for sure if it's safe to update

Posted via a waiting to be rooted One M8

Quote Originally Posted by Tiriyon View Post
    Got it in Israel right now, keep talking I want to know for sure if it's safe to update

I've honestly not noticed any issues, there are small improvements, which imo it didnt need. Swiftkey and Hangouts are much more fluent I feel. There is a new Task Manager and a few other HTC apps - which can be un-installed or disabled. all in all its a good update

I downloaded the update (was auto-prompted too) however when I try to actually use it it restarts my phone and puts me into CWM. If I then try to run the update the phone says it cannot find /system/build.prop, which is obviously strange.

Nevermind, I figured it out. You need to go back to Stock Recovery to make it update properly. Working just fine now.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Got the update, so far (~24h) no bugs.
    *BoomSound Max Volume lowered by ~20%
    *New File Manager app that can move files from internal storage to external SD/ USB stick (other apps still does not have permission to move files around)
    * GPS on/off toggle icon changed.
    *New app- Power to Give (no idea what that is.
    *New app: Google Photos (me thinks it's called picasa)
    *SwiftKey- no more lags/ smoother
    *WiFi - larger reach.

That's all I noticed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiriyon View Post
    Got the update, so far (~24h) no bugs.
    *BoomSound Max Volume lowered by ~20%
    *New File Manager app that can move files from internal storage to external SD/ USB stick (other apps still does not have permission to move files around)
    * GPS on/off toggle icon changed.
    *New app- Power to Give (no idea what that is.
    *New app: Google Photos (me thinks it's called picasa)
    *SwiftKey- no more lags/ smoother
    *WiFi - larger reach.

That's all I noticed so far.

I've always had the Google Photo's app and yeah its Google's storage facility for its photos powered by Picasa.

nice point about the wifi though, I havent tried the wifi in my house yet. I usually just use my data so i'll give it a bash tonight

the power to give app is an interesting one, I would give it a go

Arrow Re: 4.4.3 update for U. K Unlocked HTC One M8

i try to update my hct m8 .it download its self update ,after downloading it verified restart its self and .goes to system. i don't know how to update my htc m8