HTC one m8 big issue with battery

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
No thing worked for me I did factory and hard reset changed the charger the battery still sucks My friend have this phone and the battery just working amazing easily can complete 19 hrs with normal use

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4516.jpg
    4516.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 51

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
No thing worked for me I did factory and hard reset changed the charger the battery still sucks My friend have this phone and the battery just working amazing easily can complete 19 hrs with normal use

12% in 6 minutes??? I'd return the device and insist on replacement.

Posted via Android Central App

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Didn't you get an offical HTC charger with your phone? Why were you using a 1 amp charger instead? Uncheck the automatic brightness box, and lower your brightness from the max to an acceptable level since your screen is depleting half your battery. What do you have your screen timeout set to? Click on the > next to the 44.9% to, and take a screen capture to show us what apps are accounting for the use of 44.9% of your battery.

Have you gone into the Location area of settings, and changed that to battery saver?

What carrier are you with? (Some carrier specific apps are know to drain the battery).

Instead of the hard reset do a system cache clear. Here is how:
Here is how to do it:
(Turn off FastBoot if its enabled)
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Down key.
Press and release the Power key to turn the phone on.
Continue holding the Volume Down.
Release the Volume Down key when the three Android images appear on the bottom of the screen.
Press the Volume Down key once to move the cursor from FASTBOOT to RECOVERY.
Press the Power key to begin the wipe.
The device displays the bootup screen followed by a phone with a red triangle.
Press the Up Volume key and Power key at the same time.
Press the Down Volume key three times to select Wipe cache partition.
Press the Power key to initiate the wipe.
Wait until the phone displays Cache wipe complete.
Press the Power key to select Reboot system now.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I can't complete 10 hrs with light use

3 hours of screen on time, in 4 hours of use is NOT light use.

Help us out by charging your phone FULLY and then post a GSAM screenshot when you're down to 20% or so

My M8 posted this

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
3 hours of screen on time, in 4 hours of use is NOT light use.

Help us out by charging your phone FULLY and then post a GSAM screenshot when you're down to 20% or so

My M8 posted this

Ok Today I will post the picture after full charge

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I will charge the phone full today and then post the picture here thanks all for replay

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Please replace your charger and send the battery to do the inspection. VIFOCAL will provide much details information when you need.

I send an email to HTC support they Said on the phone dialer write this *#*#4636#*#* and check battery health the battery health on my phone good

Mm8

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I charge the phone to 100 and here is the result I feel the battery is good now but the app use is very high I am running only facebook on gsm it says android kernal is using a lot of battery on the power settings it's says gsm is using the battery

Attachments

• 4742.jpg
    4742.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 33

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I charge the phone to 100 and here is the result I feel the battery is good now but the app use is very high I am running only facebook on gsm it says android kernal is using a lot of battery on the power settings it's says gsm is using the battery

Note the small delta of 3.0%/hr? That's because your screen use is a small percentage of the overall uptime.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol