Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Android Optimizer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2 issues: Connecting to wifi and keyboard

1) I can not connect to the intenet/wifi at home. Had the update go through on the 18th and since then,it will not connect. Connects everywhere else. Went to a Tmobile store and they backed up everything and did a reinstall. Still wont work. Building has reset the router. Says secured, WEP, but wont connect and then goes and shows disabled. Suggestions?

2) When it was reinstalled, now I can not skip two spaces when texting or in emails and then the period inserted and next letter is capitalized. How do I get that back/

Thanks

Default Re: 2 issues: Connecting to wifi and keyboard

Does the phone work on other wi-fi networks? It sounds like your home wi-fi network is a shared one, like in an apartment or condo, correct? This makes it a little trickier, since some of the troubleshooting involves checking the router's settings. See this guide and see if any of the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html

For the typing issue, go to Settings>Language & Keyboard, select HTC Sense Input, then Advanced, then check Quick "."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ITS SHARED, yes. ill go read that link

Quote Originally Posted by memphislawyer View Post
    1) I can not connect to the intenet/wifi at home. Had the update go through on the 18th and since then,it will not connect. Connects everywhere else. Went to a Tmobile store and they backed up everything and did a reinstall. Still wont work. Building has reset the router. Says secured, WEP, but wont connect and then goes and shows disabled. Suggestions?
    B. Diddy's guide is a good place to start with your troubleshooting. Another thing you can try if his guide doesn't solve the problem is renaming your device. This was a method some original One owners used to fix their wifi issue(s).
    Android Revolution HD | Mobile Device Technologies: How To: Fix Wi-Fi connecting issues on the HTC One running Android 4.4.2

There is a free app called Wifi Analyzer that may be able to provide some other useful information to troubleshoot the situation.
    B. Diddy likes this.