Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Play store issue

    I was tinkering with TB and greenify and I accidentally converted play store into a user app (it was suppose to be google play services but they're next to each other). Now play store won't open. I cleared cache and data, converted it back to a system app, uninstalled and installed again but nothing works. I don't really mind doing a wipe and re-flashing my ROM but I want that to be my last option. Is there anyway for me to get play store to work again?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Play store issue

    Quote Originally Posted by cjbart1009 View Post
    I was tinkering with TB and greenify and I accidentally converted play store into a user app (it was suppose to be google play services but they're next to each other). Now play store won't open. I cleared cache and data, converted it back to a system app, uninstalled and installed again but nothing works. I don't really mind doing a wipe and re-flashing my ROM but I want that to be my last option. Is there anyway for me to get play store to work again?
    Did you just clear the cache and data on just the play store, or on both Google Play Store and Google Play services (in the all area of app manager)?
    Do you have Fastboot enabled, and have you shut off the phone as opposed to just restarting it? (If Fastboot is enabled shut it off before turning off your phone).
    cjbart1009 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Play store issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    Did you just clear the cache and data on just the play store, or on both Google Play Store and Google Play services (in the all area of app manager)?
    Do you have Fastboot enabled, and have you shut off the phone as opposed to just restarting it? (If Fastboot is enabled shut it off before turning off your phone).
    Cleared cache only cause there's no clear data and that seems to work. Thanks. Is it alright to leave play store as a user app? It's working now as a user app.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Play store issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    Did you just clear the cache and data on just the play store, or on both Google Play Store and Google Play services (in the all area of app manager)?
    Do you have Fastboot enabled, and have you shut off the phone as opposed to just restarting it? (If Fastboot is enabled shut it off before turning off your phone).
    spoke too soon. As soon as I tried to download an app it closed again. Clearing cache enables me to go into the app but if I wanna download an app it closes again. Both google play store and google play services are in user app mode.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Play store issue

    Quote Originally Posted by cjbart1009 View Post
    spoke too soon. As soon as I tried to download an app it closed again. Clearing cache enables me to go into the app but if I wanna download an app it closes again. Both google play store and google play services are in user app mode.
    Some people who have had problems with the Google Play Store closing when they select download/install have resolved it by going into app manager, scrolling right to All, selecting the Download (and/or Download Manager) app, force stopping the app, and then clearing it. Like before clear the Play Store app before clearing the Download app(s).
    cjbart1009 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Play store issue

    I would wipe the dalvik cache too

    My M8 posted this
    cjbart1009 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Play store issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    Some people who have had problems with the Google Play Store closing when they select download/install have resolved it by going into app manager, scrolling right to All, selecting the Download (and/or Download Manager) app, force stopping the app, and then clearing it. Like before clear the Play Store app before clearing the Download app(s).
    That's not working either. I cleared the play store and cleared download and download manager and now I'm not even able to navigate through play store. It closes right away.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Play store issue

    Quote Originally Posted by cjbart1009 View Post
    Both google play store and google play services are in user app mode.
    I'm not sure why you felt the need to change the app mode, but given the situation that you've made Play Store unusable your best solution is probably just to reinstall it. There are many sites where you can find instructions (like the link below).
    How to install the Google Play Store manually - AndroidPIT

    You'll also need the lastest apk which you should be able to find here:
    Google Play Store Update 4.9.13 Adds Material Design App And Content Pages [APK Download]
    cjbart1009 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Play store issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    I'm not sure why you felt the need to change the app mode, but given the situation that you've made Play Store unusable your best solution is probably just to reinstall it. There are many sites where you can find instructions (like the link below).
    How to install the Google Play Store manually - AndroidPIT

    You'll also need the lastest apk which you should be able to find here:
    Google Play Store Update 4.9.13 Adds Material Design App And Content Pages [APK Download]
    Cause I wanted to put them on greenify cause they wake my phone constantly.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Play store issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    I'm not sure why you felt the need to change the app mode, but given the situation that you've made Play Store unusable your best solution is probably just to reinstall it. There are many sites where you can find instructions (like the link below).
    How to install the Google Play Store manually - AndroidPIT

    You'll also need the lastest apk which you should be able to find here:
    Google Play Store Update 4.9.13 Adds Material Design App And Content Pages [APK Download]
    It says that google play installs google services framework. I already have that installed. It that why google play won't work?

Similar Threads

  1. HTC one m8 big issue with battery
    By Mm8 in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 09:03 PM
  2. Cannot Install Google Play on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
    By Logan Wenger in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 09:11 PM
  3. Sudden GOS Issues
    By rbi411 in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 06:48 PM
  4. 2 issues: Connecting to wifi and keyboard
    By memphislawyer in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 03:12 PM
  5. Note 2 Intermittent Charging Issue
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions