Question about the HTC One M8's radio (signal)

terryh215

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
How does it compare to the LG G3, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Droid Maxx's radio (signal)? My phones signal seems worse than my Mom's Droid Mini and it roams and hers doesn't. My gfs iPhone 4s is only 3G but her 3G signal is better then mine. Is it my HTC One M8 or maybe a SIM card issue?

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The issue lies with 3G. I'm not sure, but according to the Qualcomm site, the Snapdragon 801 processor, and correct me if I'm wrong, has 4G LTE and Wi-Fi built into the processor. Not 3G. And I've noticed a huge difference in battery life and signal quality with 3G vs. 4G. Seems like the battery drains and signal is bad with 3G.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
How does it compare to the LG G3, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Droid Maxx's radio (signal)? My phones signal seems worse than my Mom's Droid Mini and it roams and hers doesn't. My gfs iPhone 4s is only 3G but her 3G signal is better then mine. Is it my HTC One M8 or maybe a SIM card issue?

Weren't happy with the responses you got in the other thread you created, and decided to open another, huh?

Is your girlfriend on the same carrier as you and your mother, or is she on a different carrier?
Is your mother or girlfriend subscribed to the caller ID feature, and do they have it active on their phones? If you read one of the posts in the other thread you created about this subject you'll find a link to the Verizon forum where someone mentioned that the Verizon caller ID app causes 3G/4G issues.

terryh215

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
They are both on the same carrier. My gf's phone doesn't have the caller ID but my Mom's phone does. I turned it off and disabled it but no change. I rarely get 4G in my house but my Mom's phone does. It's probably the radio in her phone since its a Motorola. I was considering the Maxx when I purchased the M8 last Friday because I knew the battery was better and I thought the signal would be too. I picked the M8 cause it was newer and had more storage . Wasn't sure which camera was better though

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
The issue lies with 3G. I'm not sure, but according to the Qualcomm site, the Snapdragon 801 processor, and correct me if I'm wrong, has 4G LTE and Wi-Fi built into the processor. Not 3G. And I've noticed a huge difference in battery life and signal quality with 3G vs. 4G. Seems like the battery drains and signal is bad with 3G.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

****, I was just about to move to a carrier that has a fledgling 4g network, now I'm having second thoughts

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith