Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default Permission denied?

I can't seem to open the app "HTC Apps", nor can I disable it... it bothers me that there's an app on my phone I can't open but the app name and the name under "App Info" is different. Any ideas? M8 on VZW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Permission denied?-1408820350627.jpg   Permission denied?-1408820359374.jpg  

Default Re: Permission denied?

It is likely a system app. If you look at all of the apps listed under Settings>App Manager>All, you'll see a bunch of system apps that you can't open, because you're not meant to open them--they're for the system. Not sure why it shows up as "Updater" in the App Info, but that does reveal more of what it's for. Presumably, it's important to update either the versions of the HTC apps (that aren't updated over Google Play) or the actual data that they use. I wouldn't worry about it.
    joelvin likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    It is likely a system app. If you look at all of the apps listed under Settings>App Manager>All, you'll see a bunch of system apps that you can't open, because you're not meant to open them--they're for the system. Not sure why it shows up as "Updater" in the App Info, but that does reveal more of what it's for. Presumably, it's important to update either the versions of the HTC apps (that aren't updated over Google Play) or the actual data that they use. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Right- I was just confused as to why it shows up in the App Drawer as "HTC Apps"... if it shows up in the drawer then I would imagine that would mean it was meant to be opened.

That's the App Drawer? Are you using an alternate launcher? It doesn't look like the usual App Drawer that I've seen.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    That's the App Drawer? Are you using an alternate launcher? It doesn't look like the usual App Drawer that I've seen.
    Yep, I'm using Nova with the list style for the drawer!

I have the same thing. Using Nova launcher. Also I'm getting a lot of wakelocks from htc service pack.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nova Launcher launched a new version,3.1 today,did u update the latest version...

Quote Originally Posted by Machoua Yang View Post
    I have the same thing. Using Nova launcher. Also I'm getting a lot of wakelocks from htc service pack.

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Yes I have found the same with a previous version of Nova Launcher but doesn't appear anymore with the latest update

Sent from my tablet or smartphone using Tapatalk