Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  • 1 Post By android jack
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Possible to recover a deleted photo on the One?

On the weekend I had relatives over, and I was just taking some photos with the One, and one of the photos looked great, but somehow I stupidly tapped the screen and delete it. Don't know how I messed up like that, but it's gone. It didn't get to auto-backup to the cloud either.

I've tried some of those android recovery programs, but they require USB mass storage, which the HTC One doesn't have.

Is it possible to recover the deleted photo?

Default Re: Possible to recover a deleted photo on the One?

Go to Photos, swipe in from the left, scroll to the bottom, and tap Trash--is it there?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Go to Photos, swipe in from the left, scroll to the bottom, and tap Trash--is it there?
    No it's not. I accidentally deleted it before it got uploaded to the cloud, so it's not on Photos at all. The HTC inbuilt gallery doesn't seem to have a trash folder or anything.

Been there, done that and lost it too..

http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-rec...tos-on-android

Worth a read

Posted via Android Central App
    l00natic71 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    How to recover deleted photos on Android - AndroidPIT

Worth a read

Yeah I've seen that and other android recovery programs. They all require to connect to the phone as USB mass storage, which the phone doesn't do (only does MTP/PTP).

It's ok. I don't think I can recover it. I think the photo has gone. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Yeah I've seen that and other android recovery programs. They all require to connect to the phone as USB mass storage, which the phone doesn't do (only does MTP/PTP).

It's ok. I don't think I can recover it. I think the photo has gone. Oh well.
    Damn, sorry for your luck.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Damn, sorry for your luck.

Ah it's not the end of the world. It was a nice photo and when you Ufocused it, it looked stunning, but it's gone now. I do have others photos of the weekend, so all is not lost. Was just hoping there was a way to recover the pic. I'll have to be more careful next time.

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    On the weekend I had relatives over, and I was just taking some photos with the One, and one of the photos looked great, but somehow I stupidly tapped the screen and delete it. Don't know how I messed up like that, but it's gone. It didn't get to auto-backup to the cloud either.

I've tried some of those android recovery programs, but they require USB mass storage, which the HTC One doesn't have.

Is it possible to recover the deleted photo?
    Only thing I can recommend is a app called "dumpster-recycling bin". https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...K6Gh8AG_nIGoBw

Everything that I delete whether it's from the gallery or a photo right after it's taken (in review).
    Downfall it's only in list mode so if you delete a lot of stuff it's hard to find. Also doesn't recover any files deleted prior to installation and opening of the app.
    You can preview, permanently delete or restore. Just open app after installation and you're good. It's for any type of file, audio video photo etc.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by bonniesmithy View Post
    Have you ever tried Android Data Recovery? It seems that it doesn't require USB mass storage. As the HTC One runs Android OS system. Follow the use guide which teach you how to recover deleted photos from Android.
    1 Connect your HTC to the computer
    Before doing anything else, install and launch it on the computer. Then connect your Samsung Galaxy to the computer with a USB cable. After running the program, you'll get the main interface. Your device will be detected immediately.
    2 Enable USB debugging
    3 Analyze and scan your HTC
    4 Preview and recover files from HTC
    With the assistant of Android Data Recovery, you can perform data recovery from HTC easily and effectively.
    No, I tried that too. That program does require USB mass storage. If you follow the steps, the program won't detect the device and you're required to root the phone so it can get USB mass storage active.

I'm not willing to root my phone, so this (and all other recovery programs) requires USB mass storage won't work on the stock One.