Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gunmetal gray tint scratching off

Hello, I've got a Gunmetal Gray M8, and noticed that's starting losing it's colour on its bottom.
    Is this happening to anyone?

I noticed that my finger touches this point when I grab it in my hand, could it be to the sweating (I use it during running sessions)?
    Do you have any idea on how to fix or mask this? I read about "pens" or similiar thing but nothing for the M8

Gunmetal gray tint scratching off-195dm8.jpg

Global Posts
    9,128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Gunmetal gray tint scratching off

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco Crema View Post
    Hello, I've got a Gunmetal Gray M8, and noticed that's starting losing it's colour on its bottom.
    Is this happening to anyone?

I noticed that my finger touches this point when I grab it in my hand, could it be to the sweating (I use it during running sessions)?
    Do you have any idea on how to fix or mask this? I read about "pens" or similiar thing but nothing for the M8

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	195dm8.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	420.9 KB 
ID:	133785
    It definitely looks like wear. Honestly, if you do anything to try and fix it you'll likely draw more attention to it. Aside from using a larger/complete case to provide coverage (which will increase the size of the device), there's nothing else I can think of that will fix/conceal it.

Let us know what you decide on doing with it.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Wrap the phone in carbon fiber skin. It will protect from future scratches, hide the current scratch, and maintain form factor

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - HTC One M8 Screen Protector + Black Carb... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JEU1STO/...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

I concur, I had mine for three months before I got the new LG g3 and I've wrapped both m7 and m8 in a snakeskin wrap as I don't like cases and helps with keeping hold of the slippery blighter.

I got it from eBay and had it on my m7 for a year with no problems at all.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for replying.
    The problem is that I'd prefer not hide M8's beauty behind a skin (even a trasparent case is bad, I think).
    That's why I was looking for a way to "solve" it (as long as possible, I know i can't really fix it) more than hide it.
    (however, I'll take a look at those skins, maybe i'll find one that makes me change idea )

It is on the end of phone , correct ? I don't think a clear protector like Zaggs will go around the sides , top or bottom. But I'm not 100% sure on this. I understand not wanting to take away the beauty of such a nice phone , but to keep it safe , I always use a case. Good luck , hope all works out for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Try an auto zone or similar store for autos. Look for a "paint pen" the type that has the metal ball inside.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

Ouch. It such a beautiful and great feeling phone. I hated putting mine in a case.