Worth getting the HTC One M8 Unsubsidized?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I'm on my parents family plan right now and they have it so whenever we want to upgrade our phones we have to go through att next. In other words, no more subsidies . We have to pay out the full amount over payments each month. So now it makes buying phone harder because it's no longer a 200 or 300 dollar investment, but a 609 or 700 dollar one. I tried the nexus 5, but couldn't stand it's battery life. So it looks like I'm stuck with getting flagship full priced devices because google always has some compromise for me on their nexus phones. I would probably get the one plus one, but you can't even buy them right now. So I'm wondering if you would say this phone is worth getting at its full price? What should I look for if not?

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The phones are the same price as before. If you use next or buy off contract, your AT&T bill should be $15 / month cheaper per line. That extra $15 / month is why you only had to pay $200 for phones before, because the rest of the price of the phone was built in to the monthly bill.

bruce73

May 10, 2013
Visit site
If your folks are paying the monthly bill, hell, I'd get the phone for $200 and let them pay off the rest. Lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how much they cost in the US, but I purchased mine outright here in Australia, and to me, it's been worth it, easily.

If it's too expensive, then maybe look into a 2nd hand one? I always see some pretty damn near-new phones on auction sites or other retailers. Sure they're second hand, but if they're in good condition, it'd be just like getting it brand new.

rews

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
If you don't care that you don't get any discounts off your monthly bill for buying it up front, and can afford to spend full price every time you buy a new phone, go for it

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on my parents family plan right now and they have it so whenever we want to upgrade our phones we have to go through att next. In other words, no more subsidies . We have to pay out the full amount over payments each month. So now it makes buying phone harder because it's no longer a 200 or 300 dollar investment, but a 609 or 700 dollar one. I tried the nexus 5, but couldn't stand it's battery life. So it looks like I'm stuck with getting flagship full priced devices because google always has some compromise for me on their nexus phones. I would probably get the one plus one, but you can't even buy them right now. So I'm wondering if you would say this phone is worth getting at its full price? What should I look for if not?
It's only a cell phone. If you have the cash, purchase the device. Noone else can tell you what is good or "worth it" for you. Everyone has their own criteria. It's like asking everyone else will a certain article of clothing fit you or will a pair of shoes fit you. Noone does that because we all have different body types. You would go to the retail store and try on clothes for yourself. It's no different with a cell phone. Keep the receipt and give the device a test drive. Normally you have 14 days to return it. Best buy has 30 days. In that period of time you'll know if it's "worth it" to you.
Remember, it's just a cell phone. It's not a big investment like a car or a house. You can return it just like just about anything else you can purchase from a retail store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674