Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default M8 camera issue - blurred photos

Hello, this is not the usual complaining thread about low-MP camera
    I noticed recently that the quality of my photos is gone really bad.
    Photos are blurred and that's not normal, I used to be happy with my M8 camera.

I attached two example photos i took some days ago.

However, the lens does not seems to have scratches but some signs that, i don't understand if it's a wear or some humidity.

Has anyone got similiar issues?
    I found that the M8 has some anti-reflection cover that scratches easily and is said to cause blur (but I haven't seen any photos on forums talking about this, so I don't even know if this is the result). But since I can't see scratches, I'm not sure that this is my issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M8 camera issue - blurred photos-imag0003.jpg   M8 camera issue - blurred photos-2014-08-21-11.11.01.jpg   M8 camera issue - blurred photos-2014-08-21-11.11.42.jpg  

Default Re: M8 camera issue - blurred photos

Yup, the clear coat is going bad. HTC is very well aware of this and I believe they issue a replacement under warranty. There are quite a few threads on it, like you say
    For some, it scratches easily. For others, it starts to blur and go opaque from the inside, which is what I believe I see in your case.

Yep. I have the same problem.. I called HTC and they gave me three options under warranty.

1. They send a device and you send them yours. They also put a $599 USD hold on your card until they get your old device and charge $20 for shipping.

2. You send them your device and they send you a new one. Again. $20ish for shipping.

3. You send them your device they examine it and see if they can repair it under warranty and if they can they fix it and send it back or if they can't or it's not under warranty they contact you with further options. The price for this can vary because you choose the shipper and shipping speed.

Hope I helped

Posted via the Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for your replies. But how do I know that the repaired device, with new camera lens, won't get the same issue after a while?

However, the replacing solution seems to be great, however I doubt that i can do that in Italy. I'll be contacting HTC tomorrow.