HTC desktop software sufficient in switching data to a new device?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the M8 and would like to swap over all my settings, call and sms logs and apps over from my old M7.

Does the desktop software do this or is there some sort of app that I can use that will handle all of this for me?

My phone is stock and not rooted.

Thanks!

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
The M8 has a built in wireless transfer feature that moves all of your stuff from your old phone over your home network.

When you get your M8, look under Settings>Get Content from Another Phone. (I also think you're presented with this feature during initial setup)

Works beautifully, enjoy your new phone!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
The M8 has a built in wireless transfer feature that moves all of your stuff from your old phone over your home network.

When you get your M8, look under Settings>Get Content from Another Phone. (I also think you're presented with this feature during initial setup)

Works beautifully, enjoy your new phone!!

Wow, I had no idea.
Does that include apps as well?

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Apps are loaded via Google Play's functionality, not the transfer "app.". Also realize that your app data, ie settings, saves, etc. doesn't transfer via GP unless the app saves to the cloud.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Apps are loaded via Google Play's functionality, not the transfer "app.". Also realize that your app data, ie settings, saves, etc. doesn't transfer via GP unless the app saves to the cloud.

Thanks but not sure I follow here...
Do you mean the apps are automatically added to my new phone when sign into Google play?

Is there an easier way to do all of this?
Maybe one app that I can purchase that will transfer EVERYTHING over without any hassles?

specialsk

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, without root (on both phones)I don't know of a way to do what you want.

It's basically a two step process on an unrooted device.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but not sure I follow here...
Do you mean the apps are automatically added to my new phone when sign into Google play?

Is there an easier way to do all of this?
Maybe one app that I can purchase that will transfer EVERYTHING over without any hassles?

You can use an application like this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=mobi.infolife.appbackup&hl=en&token=UVoqQ-Mv

This application will backup your applications' APKs so that you can install them on your new device (of course you'll have to transfer the App_Backup_Restore folder on your SD card to the new device in order to restore the apps.

This is almost exactly the same as using your GMAIL account and Google Play Store to restore the applications, except in Google Play Store you'll have to redownload them instead of just reinstall them. That being said, though, App Backup & Restore will only restore the app but not the data on it (as in your saved games, login information, etc.).

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
The rep at T-Mobile signed me into my email & all my apps started downloading I had on my M7 once we signed into the play store.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2