Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen isn't working.

Hi guys,

Bit worried here, I dropped my phone today from about 2ft and the screen has gone black. The phone is still making noises and the notification light is still flashing and I am able to receive phone calls however I am unable to accept or decline if I touch the screen.

Should I wait for the battery to die and hope it comes back after charging or is this a case of my phone actually breaking and I need to return it to HTC?

Thanks

Default Re: Screen isn't working.

She's dead, sorry

My M8 posted this

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

I believe the LCD screen is dead. I am not 100% sure but that's the only explanation I could think of it. You should take it to your nearest HTC dealership and have them take a look at it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by TarekElsakka View Post
    I believe the LCD screen is dead. I am not 100% sure but that's the only explanation I could think of it. You should take it to your nearest HTC dealership and have them take a look at it.
    I believe you're right, I just did a soft reset and I can see the HTC One M8 logo appear but I cannot then see the main screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DEFMUT3 View Post
    Hi guys,

Bit worried here, I dropped my phone today from about 2ft and the screen has gone black. The phone is still making noises and the notification light is still flashing and I am able to receive phone calls however I am unable to accept or decline if I touch the screen.

Should I wait for the battery to die and hope it comes back after charging or is this a case of my phone actually breaking and I need to return it to HTC?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFMUT3 View Post
    I believe you're right, I just did a soft reset and I can see the HTC One M8 logo appear but I cannot then see the main screen.
    So, you can see some things on it, but not others? If you're lucky maybe something just came loose internally as opposed to broke. Are you still within your first 6-months of owning the device. While you don't mention the screen being cracked it may still qualify for the warranty repair.
    Do you use a protective case? If not you may want to look into one to cut down on the chances of having the same thing happen in the future.

Have you tried to check your screen brightness setting?