Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Battery App

It wont effect my phone in any way right? Will give this a try.
    Current Device: LG G3 Metallic Black
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Officially using ART now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

After enabling ART result. How come my battery says 7hours ? When in dalvik says 19hours? Perhaps I'll wait it out and see.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_ephemeral View Post
    After enabling ART result. How come my battery says 7hours ? When in dalvik says 19hours? Perhaps I'll wait it out and see.
    What 19 hour thing are you referring to? The only 19 I see in your previous screen captures is the 19 minutes and 15 seconds of screen on time it says your phone would last if you had it maxed out.
    Perhaps you could could attribute a drop in estimated time remaining to the fact that you rebooted the phone, and it converted all of your files over to a new state. The battery monitor estimates battery based on what you've done in the past (since your last charge if that is what you have it set to), and so now it thinks that every (whatever hours you went between fully charged and converting to ART) you are going to reboot your phone and reformat your files. Over time (or the next time you plug in for a full charge) you should see more accurate estimates.
    Android systems: HTC One M8 phone & Archos 80 Titanium Internet Tablet
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Oh okay. That makes sense. Thanks.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    What 19 hour thing are you referring to? The only 19 I see in your previous screen captures is the 19 minutes and 15 seconds of screen on time it says your phone would last if you had it maxed out.
    Perhaps you could could attribute a drop in estimated time remaining to the fact that you rebooted the phone, and it converted all of your files over to a new state. The battery monitor estimates battery based on what you've done in the past (since your last charge if that is what you have it set to), and so now it thinks that every (whatever hours you went between fully charged and converting to ART) you are going to reboot your phone and reformat your files. Over time (or the next time you plug in for a full charge) you should see more accurate estimates.

What does time remaining average mean?

It's an estimation, it means nothing

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Let me just add, don't get too caught up in the whole battery monitoring thing. Just keep a close eye on it, but also be aware that over time, you (probably) won't see as great of battery as you did right out of the box.

Numerous things like battery wearing out, more apps=more battery consumption, and low cell signal will all affect your battery life. Among other things.

Its good that you're so conscious about it, however, so that you learn now what is normal and what's not, so in the future you can tell more easily if something fishy is going on. So props to you. And good luck and have fun!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Hi everyone thanks for everyone's help. I'm funnier into another problem, I've disable at&t bloatware and I disabled animation on the phone. But since ART was enabled. I can't turn on battery saver mode. Is this normal?

Hi everyone thanks for everyone's help. I'm funnier into another problem, I've disable at&t bloatware and I disabled animation on the phone. But since ART was enabled. I can't turn on battery saver mode. Is this normal?
    What battery saver mode are you referring to? The one associated with location settings, extreme power mode, or something else? I haven't heard of anyone else having problems running ART and power saving modes together, but then again the 4.4.3 patch just came out for you AT&T users (did you download and install it - before it disappeared?). What happens when you try to enable it? Is its selection greyed out? Are you able to pick it, but you don't see a difference afterward? Have you tried shutting down the phone, and restarting it after enabling it? I'm not sure how the AT&T battery saving mode may differ from the default HTC version or the other vendors, but its possible the power saving mode it used had to do with saving power when it came to how Dalvik used battery when decompressing files, and with ART not having to do that it no longer has an effect.
    Android systems: HTC One M8 phone & Archos 80 Titanium Internet Tablet
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    What battery saver mode are you referring to? The one associated with location settings, extreme power mode, or something else? I haven't heard of anyone else having problems running ART and power saving modes together, but then again the 4.4.3 patch just came out for you AT&T users (did you download and install it - before it disappeared?). What happens when you try to enable it? Is its selection greyed out? Are you able to pick it, but you don't see a difference afterward? Have you tried shutting down the phone, and restarting it after enabling it? I'm not sure how the AT&T battery saving mode may differ from the default HTC version or the other vendors, but its possible the power saving mode it used had to do with saving power when it came to how Dalvik used battery when decompressing files, and with ART not having to do that it no longer has an effect.
    The one that came with HTC. The battery saver mode and ext saving mode is grey out. I have restart and still the same. And yes I upgraded to sense 6 for at&t.

The one that came with HTC. The battery saver mode and ext saving mode is grey out. I have restart and still the same. And yes I upgraded to sense 6 for at&t.
    I'm running art and I can use both power saving modes.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

How come mines grey out?

How come mines grey out?
    That is why you shouldn't mess around in the developer options anyway, go over there and disable the high performance mode, then you will be able to use the power saving modes

Sent from my HTC One M8
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

I did a factory reset and its fine now. Still in ART as well.

I did a factory reset and its fine now. Still in ART as well.
    Why'd you do a factory reset??

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

It fixed the issue..that's all it matters to me

Battery Monitor Widget Pro by c3 is also a great app / widget.
    Used with GSAM you have a great set of tools at your disposal.

Don't you think it is a bit too complicated for a beginner?
    He may not know what the data mean and do not know if it is normal or not.

If you only like to have longer battery life with this App, I think you can try easier but useful ones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12