YouTube factory installed app !!

Bryan Resch

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
The YouTube app that comes already installed on the HTC m8 , doesn't work well for 10 hour videos or takes very long to download. Even one hour takes a while to load. Now this wasn't the case before the 4.4.3 update. ALL videos loaded immediately !! But when I use the chrome browser , all videos , long or short load right away. So why is the app TAKING so long ??
Thanks for any help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
The YouTube app still run smooth on my M8 even after the 4.4.3 update.

Any way, clear YouTube cache and see if it still lags on you or not.

Go to M8's Settings, scroll down to Apps, scroll down to YouTube, and tap on Clear cache.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Bryan Resch

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Why is it not showing up under apps ? That's odd....it is definitely a stock app on the HTC m8. I went to...settings/apps , and it's not there.

Bryan Resch

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok , I had uninstalled update yesterday to see if that would do anything. I found it , but when I tapped clear cache , nothing happened. Is it suppose to open anything up , or is the cache cleared just by tapping it ? Thanks

Bryan Resch

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Still not working. Before clearing it read 24.00kb , after 12.00kb and it still isn't loading. I even have animation box unchecked in developer page to help run faster.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Still not working. Before clearing it read 24.00kb , after 12.00kb and it still isn't loading. I even have animation box unchecked in developer page to help run faster.

Dude, switch Off the Developer options, those options are not meant to be used by average users, specially that most of those options are in beta stage and can negatively effect the performance of your M8

Sent from my HTC One M8

Bryan Resch

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Nothing , I'm disabling it !! Can not figure this out. YouTube is fine on chrome browser , just not the factory HTC m8 installed app.

jhutchh.412

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Dude, switch Off the Developer options, those options are not meant to be used by average users, specially that most of those options are in beta stage and can negatively effect the performance of your M8

Sent from my HTC One M8
If that were the case his whole device would be lag city.. not just stock YouTube. And really there's not too much danger in dev options..

Just a thought- setting playback quality affects load times. Perhaps the browser is set to auto and the app set to hd?

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
If that were the case his whole device would be lag city.. not just stock YouTube. And really there's not too much danger in dev options..

Just a thought- setting playback quality affects load times. Perhaps the browser is set to auto and the app set to hd?
That seems logical, if it is a slow internet connection that is being used, so yep, that could be the case here 😊

Sent from my HTC One M8