Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One M8 for Android, supply issues

My wife and I went to Costco yesterday to sign her up for a new phone. Since I have an M8 that I bought there she decided that is the phone she wants. Talking to the person behind the counter, I was told there haven't been any M8s shipped to them in over a month. They can only get the Windows version. He also told me that affects all contractors working with Verizon. What's up with this? Trying to force people to get Windows phones? That's not going to happen. Anyone else here of this supply issue? My wife can get her new phone next week and we don't really want to get a Samsung or LG phone.

Default Re: HTC 1 M8 for Android, supply issues

Now that is messed up, but totally believeable, as that is marketing at its best.

Supply and Demand no longer means anything to those people, as they just care about marketing whatever that is new.

They should leave the prices on the side and first provide the products that the customers need and then set the price they want.

But if they don't have the wanted product, then it is all pointless.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Things could change in a week. By the time time she is eligible they may have it back in stock. When she's eligible you may want to call the store, and check if they have them in before you go there. You might also want to call other Costco's in the relative area to see if they have them at that time if your closest one doesn't. A bit of a drive will probably be worth it in the end to get the phone you and her both want her to have. You could also order it from their website as opposed to in store. Currently the Glacial Silver is showing as available on their website: Costco Wireless - Big Savings on Cell Phones - Offering Plans from Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
    Besides Costco you have other options (Amazon, Best Buy, Verizon, HTC, etc). If they don't have the exact model she wants wait until they do. There is no reason to rush and get her a new phone on the day her contract ends just because that's the day she becomes eligible, and you and her would likely regret it if you get her a Samsung or LG simply because the phone wasn't in stock at that location at that minute.
    Android systems: HTC One M8 phone & Archos 80 Titanium Internet Tablet
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

The reason we want to replace her phone as soon as possible is that her current phone is a piece of junk and barely works. She is in desperate need of an upgrade. She has an old Motorola Droid. According to the sales person, there have been many problems with those and Verizon wouldn't step up to the plate to help her with it.

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

It would be stupid to shove Windows Mobile down people's throats, especially because HTC arguably has the best and smoothest Android interface, which always swayed my decision in favor of HTC when purchasing a new device, and to be honest if I had the choice I would go for a different Android device rather than a Windows Mobile phone with the HTC logo on it (I must admit I totally hate that OS).
    HTC One M8 - ViperOne 2.3.0
    HTC One M7 - InsertCoin 4.0.2
    BlackBerry 9900

I wold have to think that his vendor is the one short supplying them, especially if its a Verizon issue.
    Lets step back and ask, where does the kiosk in costco get their phones from.
    Probably from the carrier. So if the carrier is pushing the windows version or is slacking in buying, i think its less of a supply issue and more of a Verizon or someone ordering stuff issue. I dont think HTC is going to stop making the android version because they are so focused on the windows version.

Wow that's pretty crazy to hear.

I'd imagine that the store had run out of Android version HTC One's and instead of losing a potential customer who wanted the Android version, they spun a story about it no longer being available in the Android version to try to get you guys to buy the Windows version. That's my guess anyway.

My sister purchased the One M8, however when she went to get one, the Telco here was out of stock, but was told more was coming in a few days. But I've never heard of the Android HTC One M8 line being terminated for the Windows model.

Bottom line is don't purchase anything you don't want. Don't settle for something you're not after. If you want the HTC One Android version, search around or find an assistant/different store that is more helpful.

Retail 101

SELL WHATS AVAILABLE TODAY!

Contact verizon directly , they will most likely have one in stock for you