Contact Photos Sync Issue

bnamike

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

Long time reader, first time poster. This forum has been extremely helpful in making the switch from iPhone to my HTC One (M8). I love this phone, but have a slight issue I was hoping someone could provide insight into. I've tried doing a search, but can't find anything on this particular problem.

I've had the phone about a month and suddenly some of my contact photos no longer appear. I have my phone sync'd to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google contacts.

Everything was working fine, contact photos would appear next to each person in the messaging app, when they called, and in the regular contacts app just fine.

About a week ago, the contact photos for the people I call/text most frequently have disappeared. This only applies to Facebook contact photos, as all other contact photos still display fine.

So far, I've:

- Checked Facebook settings and all contacts are syncing. I even went so far as to remove Facebook and reinstall. Everything syncs fine, but then after an hour the same contact photos disappear again. This doesn't apply to all of them, just some.

- Edited the contacts and linked/unlinked from Facebook. Doesn't make a difference. I found in the contacts where to select the photo source (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and even in that setting it looks like the person has no Facebook photo, but they do.

It's not a big deal, but just a little frustrating. It's nice to see the person's picture when they call or text. Has anyone else experienced this, or have suggestions?

riksweeney

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Try UberSync. It works very nicely with Facebook and updates the photo something like once a day (that's what I have it set to). I don't know how to sync from other sources (such as Twitter or Linked In though).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs