battery loosing charge too quickly

Dylanoyer

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm losing about 10% an hour with about average use, even after a factory reset, any ideas? Bluetooth and GPS are off!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 3460.jpg
    3460.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 3459.jpg
    3459.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 81

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
By any chance is your screen brightness set to maximum? if so, then that could be the reason of why your battery draining this fast.

Sent from my HTC One M8

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm having similar problems, my battery drains about 10-15% per hour on normal usage. And when on charge it takes all night and gets really hot that i can't even hold my phone.
I spoke to my carrier and they said they will send a update to my phone to see if that works if not they will send a new one.

can i engrave htc one m8?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Dylonoyer, check the screen brightness setting like death under recommended. Your Twitter and Facebook use are high. Have you been posting pictures or video, or for that matter viewing a lot of pictures or videos (since it says your media server has been active?) both drain battery quickly. Have you gone into location settings and set it to battery saving?

TigerChilly, are you using your phone while it's charging?

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes all that you mentioned i do ...but i neva had that problem when i got the phone...i was amazed at the battery life because there were times I'd get 2 days out of it. The only way to survive a day is to keep the phone on extreme power saver. I've been plugged in and charging while using the ac app for about 2hours and its gone from 36% to 40%.
This is not because im using apps and taking pics...the phone is ****ed!!
Im in warranty so I'll be getting a new one.
But its a shame that htc let me down..this is my first htc and my last.

l00natic71

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the Sprint version. After getting the 4.4.3 update battery life has gotten to around 8 hours, where before I could get 20. I had enabled "wifi calling" and that was preventing the phone from going into sleep mode and kept wif always on (while at home). The phone gets fairly hot while using it, regardless of what I'm using. When I go into battery history "built in tool" it shows that wifi and awake have been on the entire time, even when I'm out of the house and I have turned off wifi. Take a look at Settings-->Power--->History. I'm wondering if you get the same you get. The screen shots you have posted don't show that info.

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm having the same problem. For instance today. Took it off the charger around noon and at 230, I was at 60%. I don't ever remember it being this bad. It seems to be getting worse. What's the issue?

Attachments

• 1411673122960.jpg
    1411673122960.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 1411673135315.jpg
    1411673135315.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 43

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Try turning the power saver on. My Sprint version has moderate daily use and I'm rarely under 80% after a full work day and recharging is lightning fast as well.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine has seemed really bad today as well. I just seem to be having a few problems that began today. Videos aren't playing correctly and battery life has been pretty terrible. I noticed when I looked at batter usage media server was using my battery the most. What exactly is that used for?

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes all that you mentioned i do ...but i neva had that problem when i got the phone...i was amazed at the battery life because there were times I'd get 2 days out of it. The only way to survive a day is to keep the phone on extreme power saver. I've been plugged in and charging while using the ac app for about 2hours and its gone from 36% to 40%.
This is not because im using apps and taking pics...the phone is ****ed!!
Im in warranty so I'll be getting a new one.
But its a shame that htc let me down..this is my first htc and my last.

The issue you're experiencing is not just with HTC phone. I'm currently using a lg phone and I'm having the same problem. Sometimes even with the phone plugged in, the battery drains faster than it can be charged. I think this is an common issue with the Android phone. If Android is based on Linux, then the battery drain issue can be explained. With Linux, the are bunch programs call the 'demons' (similar to apps) running in the back ground that are waiting for the trigger events so they can perform their task. Unix/Linux was an written for the server computer with the heavy duty power supply and lots of cooling fans. This is another reason that Android phone tends to heat up fast. Anyway, Ive gone off in a tangent. A good way to conserve the battery is to always let the phone goes into the state of deep sleep. This way, lots of juice from the battery are not wasted. An extra good quality battery such as 'zerolemon' can make a noticible difference on the charging and the duration issues.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm having the same problem. For instance today. Took it off the charger around noon and at 230, I was at 60%. I don't ever remember it being this bad. It seems to be getting worse. What's the issue?
I'm blaming Fox News......but then I blame them for for everything.....lol.

plazaai

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it's the new update. Mine started draining really fast after installing it. I tried everything. Finally factory re-set fixed it. I won't be installing any verizon updates!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12